027

Superbad

Lay was rinsing his mouth with soda as his friends chatted; he flexed his jaw before spitting it out.

“Do you know how hard it is to lie to her?” Lay muttered darkly as he sat down.

“Did it work?”

“I don’t know, she ran off when you called. What happened?” Lay questioned, Kris was smirking when set down his phone on the table.

“It’s a CCTV footage.” Luhan spoke, then he paused when he saw Chanyeol picking up Yongguk from the floor.

“He must have taunted him or something, but its official. The war has started.” Kris stated.

“Ge, isn’t he a lawyer? What if things get messy for Byul?” Tao asked worriedly.

“I’m not sure what he’s going to do, but he cancelled the contract with his company. BH Group is now currently losing millions.” Kris smiled before taking a sip of his wine.

“So, my acting was not even needed.” Lay groaned.

 

 

Byul leaned over the railing, she was in front of her bungalow, she didn’t feel like joining the others for dinner.

She looked at calm waves of the ocean beneath her.

What are you thinking?

She looked up, Mark was making his way to her. She smiled at him.

“Don’t worry, your sister didn’t send me here. She decided to sleep earlier than usual, I’m guessing it’s the pregnancy.” He stated as he leaned on the railing beside her.

“I’m worried, that deal with BH Group. I didn’t~”

“Chanyeol did it.” Mark stated, Byul paused.

“Saehee got a call, it was Chanyeol who cut it off. And somehow, BH Group will be the one paying the fines.”

“Everything?”

Mark nodded, Byul’s brows met.

“He’s a lawyer, Byul. He probably did something, but I don’t know what he’s thinking. And know he was seen fighting with director Bang.”

Byul looked away, Mark sensed her discomfort.

“Is there something you’re not telling us?” Mark asked softly, Byul gingerly shook her head.

“No, I’ll…try talking to him. Good night.” She squeezed his hand before going to her room.

 

 

Byul stepped out of the bathroom, she had a black two piece bikini on as she stepped out of her bungalow.

She checked the time on her watch, it was just seven in the morning. Her brows furrowed when she arrived in front of Chanyeol’s door.

“Do I seem like a fool to you?”

 “Of all things you didn’t want to tell me, Byul…What the hell were you thinking?”

 “I’m not stupid, and I’m not weak either.”

She pressed on the doorbell while chewing on her lip, it took him a minute to answer. Chanyeol opened the door, his eyes went to her face then at her get up.

“Yeol~”

He disappeared then came back with one of his shirts.

“Don’t think about going in without putting that on.” He stated before going back inside again.

 

 

Byul, now wearing his black shirt walked in the bungalow, she found Chanyeol putting on a white button-down shirt.

“Do you have a meeting?” She asked carefully.

“I do. At the hotel.” He replied without looking at her, Byul sighed. She joined him in his room and grabbed the necktie from him.

“I’ll do it.” She stated, Chanyeol didn’t reply but he stepped to her. Byul was quiet as she fixed the tie into place.

“….Why?”

“What?” Chanyeol replied, she finished the tie, he swiftly moved away from her. Hanbyul frowned.

“Why did you do that? The contract…it was important to us.”

“Important? That man was the one who hurt you.” Chanyeol’s tone was flat and it hurt her. He picked up his coat and put it on.

“Ani, I was~”

“I’ll get going now.” Chanyeol cut her off; Byul stood up and grabbed his arm.

“Chanyeol, wait.”

“Wait for what? Do you want me to watch you as you suffer? Byul, I was there the whole time. I was always with you, why…why didn’t you tell me?”

“What it makes me angry more…Is that it happened before my eyes and I didn’t see it. You even told me you didn’t want to handle that project.”

“I hate failing you, Byul.”

Byul looked away, letting her tears escape. Chanyeol exhaled, he slowly leaned down and pressed his lips on the crown of her head.

“I’ll get going.” He stated before leaving the room. Byul exhaled before running after him.

 

 

Byul forked on her mashed potato, Kris looked t her worriedly.

“We should have taken care of him when we had the chance.” Tao snapped, his mafia roots showing.

“Its my fault.” She spoke, Luhan and Lay stopped.

“I should have been honest with him. He provided a roof over my head, he without asking hid my secrets for me, he didn’t even ask why I was asking strange.” She spoke.

“Byul,” Luhan sighed.

“He protected me, he helped me adjust, he was patient with me, he understood why I didn’t like being touched by others, he did all this just to make me comfortable.”

“He never pressured me to tell him anything, he just said always reminded me that he’d be there if I wanted to talk. He even lied for me.” She shook her head.

“Byul, it’s not your fault.”

“I have to see him.” She stood up and left.

 

 

The M9’s brakes cried in protest as Byul stepped on the brakes, she looked at the building before her. She had changed into a pair of skinny jeans and loose v-neck shirt.

Miss~

“A mister Park Chanyeol arrived, right?” She spoke to the receptionist, the lady nodded.

Bring me to him.” She demanded, she was guided to the elevator where she came across Chanyeol’s secretary.

“Secretary Ahn,” She looked at the male.

“Vice~”

“Don’t even try to come up with an excuse, tell me where he is.”

 

 

Byul leaned over the glass, she watched Chanyeol as he picked up the pistol before him. Her brows furrowed.

tumblr_nzsmuz8dwB1qde8rwo4_400.gif

She bit her lip before walking towards the staircase and going down to join him. Byul opened the door, Chanyeol’s guards looked surprised to see her.

“Step out for a bit.” She spoke, the two men nodded and left the room. Byul looked at Chanyeol, she exhaled.

“Hanbyul~”

“I’m usually Byul.” She cut him off, she set her purse on the table before him. She reached for his earmuffs and took them off his head.

“Your hand.” She spoke before taking Chanyeol’s large hands in hers, and then she started taking out antiseptics from her purse.

“You don’t need to ask me to leave, I’ll just clean this up and go.” She said without looking at him. Chanyeol watched as she spread the ointment, she grabbed a band-aid and ripped it open.

His eyes never left her face as she tended to the cut on his fist. Then she took a step back.

“Byul.” Chanyeol spoke. Then he saw her lower lip quiver, before she could speak again, Byul wrapped her arms around his waist and started to cry.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I know…I should have been honest, I should have trusted you more but I was afraid….I was afraid you wouldn’t treat me as Byul anymore…that you wouldn’t see me as Byul anymore, I was afraid you’d shun me out. I already lost so much, I cant lose you too.” She sobbed, Chanyeol shook his head.

“Hanbyul, what~”

“I knew I should have trusted you more, you were always there for me, but….you..you were the only one who let me be..you didn’t ask questions. I…was afraid you’d..change.”

Chanyeol gently pushed her back, his hands on her arms. He sighed and brushed the tears on her cheeks, then he cupped her face.

“Why would I change? I already have seen you at your worst, and at this rate, nothing will chase me away. ” He spoke softly.

“I was just angry that I was the one who let you deal with him alone. Unknowingly, I let him come near you.”

“I’m sorry, Byul. I’ll do better.” He stated before wrapping his arms around her, Byul exhaled, Chanyeol just kissed her shoulder before pressing his nose against her hair.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++