035

Superbad

 

Byul took deep breaths, she was parked in front of KBS Jeju’s building, she leaned her forehead against the steering wheel.

Chanyeol was investigating against Bang Yongguk. He was preparing a case against him.

Her fingers tightened on the wheel. Then she looked up, brushed her hair away from her face and slid down from the car. She ignored her ringing cellphone and just approached the building.

 

 

Chanyeol watched as Rolls Royce pulled over in front of his mother’s villa. He saw Mark help Saehee down from the vehicle.

His brows met.

Saehee’s eyes landed on him and she started to approach him.

“Where is she?” Saehee asked, there was an edge in her tone that Chanyeol recognized.

“She left, she went to visit some~”

“You let her go alone?” Her voice was sharp, her eyes went to Songhee who was having a cup of tea with Mrs. Park.

“Saehee, I don’t think now is the time to~”

“Are you going to keep things from me too?” Saehee met his gaze evenly, Chanyeol’s brows rose.

“What are you talking about?” He replied, his eyes went to Mark and the envelope he was holding. Chanyeol recognized that Chinese letters on the label.

Hanbyul’s Chinese name.

“Hee,”

“I had a feeling you knew everything.” Saehee swallowed and looked away.

“Saehee, don’t do this. Now is not the right time to confront her about this.” Chanyeol sighed.

“Ah, really? Then why is your blind date here?” Saehee crossed her arms.

“Songhee…she was also victimized by Bang Yongguk, just like Byul. She approached me knowing that I am lawyer. She didn’t know who to tell about what happened to her, so, when she heard about who she was being set up with…she agreed and now, she wants to file cases against him.”

 

 

The black G Wagon pulled over in front of the house, Byul trudged back towards the house with her thoughts still unorganized. As she approached the house, she felt someone looking at her.

“Unnie.” She paused, Saehee was making her way towards her.

“How could you do this?” Saehee asked.

“It was nothing, I never knew it would come up again.” Byul fibbed, Saehee shook her head and handed her an envelope.

Then Byul felt her insides freeze.

“I am your only sister, why didn’t you tell me, Byul?” Saehee’s tone was soft and sad.

“Byul, do you know how I feel when I realized I just let you walk into a trap? I was the one who set that project with BH Group, I was the one who suggested you take it too.” Saehee’s tears stained her cheeks.

“How did you get this?” Byul looked at her.

“It was delivered to Mark earlier.”

“You bribed the people from China.” Byul was shocked as she stared at her sister.

“What else could I do? You wouldn’t speak to me, but Chanyeol, Chanyeol knows everything! How could you not tell me?!”

“I didn’t want things to get big.”

“Big? That man beat you and…….How could you just let this happen Byul? Why didn’t you fight back?”

“You want me to fight back? If I do, if I do fight back, what do you think would happen to the company? To KBS? Unnie, this would damage our family’s reputation.”

“That’s it? You’re worried about that? Do you think we wouldn’t fight for you, Byul?!”

“Ani, I didn’t think you would bribe your way just to get my medical records.” Byul looked at her.

“But you gave me no choice! Seeing you suffering~”

Byul faced her and shook her head.

“I learned so many lessons about trust today, I would like to rest.”

 

 

Byul entered the house, she was about to head to the stairs when she felt someone tap her back.

It was Songhee.

“Chanyeol oppa told me that we’re the same.” She stated, Byul looked at her.

“How nice of your Chanyeol oppa to tell you that.” Byul cut her off as she climbed the stairs, she made her way to her room. And as soon as the doors closed behind her, she let her tears fall.

She looked at her trembling fingers and sagged against the wall, she closed her eyes briefly.

The room had gone dark as the hour went by, Byul heard two cars leave the driveway a few minutes ago.

She had no idea what made her push Saehee away, but all these years, it had been her defense mechanism.

Cover things up.

She heard the door creak open, Chanyeol was standing a few meters away from her, hesitating.

“I’m sorry, I wanted to tell you earlier about Songhee and the case.”

She looked up, Chanyeol plopped down on the floor across her.

“She met Yongguk a few months before you did. They got close…and…the same thing happened to her.”

Byul’s eyes widened.

“She also comes from a prominent family, so she had a hard time deciding who to approach. Then she heard that her father was going to set a date for her, she heard my name and found out about my being a prosecutor once. That’s why I’m always inviting her, I wanted to set all the facts straight so that her case wouldn’t be questioned.”

“That’s why she’s always around?”

Chanyeol nodded.

“Then, why?”

“Why, what?” Chanyeol met her gaze with his soft dark orbs.

“Then why would you want me?”

A soft smile appeared on his face.

“Why would I not?”

Byul looked at him, her brows met.

“I’m going to heat up some soup for you, make sure you come down.” Chanyeol stood up, before he could leave the room, he felt Byul’s hand wrapped around his wrist.

He faced her.

“Thank you for liking someone like me.”

Chanyeol shook his head at her; Byul then just launched herself into his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly.

“Thank you for being you, thank you for putting up with me, thank you for being my Park Chanyeol.” She murmured as she sobbed, Chanyeol nodded and just slowly wound his arms around her as her tears stained his shirt.

“Anything for you, Byul.” He whispered.

“I thought…I thought….” She stuttered.

“That I would submit a case about you?” He slowly pulled back, not letting go of her.

“That.” She nodded; he nodded and brushed the tears on her cheeks with his right hand.

“It’s true, I wanted to get revenge for you. I wanted him punished.”

“Beating him up wasn’t enough?” She asked, Yeol sent her a dry look, but he was happy that Byul was already joking.

“But I didn’t know how, then I met Songhee.”

“Over breakfast, lunch and dinner.” She nodded, Yeol’s brows rose.

"What?" He asked, she shook her head and gestured for him to continue talking.

“She told me about her story and that she purposely approached me because of it.” Chanyeol explained, Byul had taken his hand and laced her fingers around his, it was a habit she did when she felt uncomfortable.

“I’m sorry, for bursting out on you.” She said as she met his gaze.

“It’s okay, Byul. I should have told you beforehand. I’m at fault too.” He assured her, Byul smiled and leaned up to plant a kiss on his cheek, Chanyeol blinked.

 

“I might not have sorted out how I feel about you yet, and I’m going to ask for time, but…you better be sure that Songhee is just a client.” She grinned before sidestepping him and going to the kitchen.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++