025

Superbad

 

 

The M9 pulled to a halt in front of a local restaurant, Byul was smiling as she peeked at through the window.

“We’re having lunch here, I made reservations.” She stated as she unbuckled herself, she was about to go down but Chanyeol grabbed her wrist.

“Your hair.” He stated, Byul blinked, then he slowly reached for the right side of her hair and gently patted it down, his long slender fingers running through her dark locks.

“Yeol.”

He pulled back and kept his eyes on her.

“Ara….Why…Why wont you give her a chance? Just to talk.” She asked, Chanyeol’s brows met.

“I’m not saying you get back with her, but talking helps. What if she has something important to say?”

Chanyeol shook his head.

“I’m not going to force you, so take it easy.” She smiled before getting out of the car.

 

 

“What? You want to make him jealous?” Luhan echoed, Kris nodded before taking a bite from his sandwich.

“He doesn’t really doubt my friendship with Byul, he’s seen us together, but you three, not yet.”

“Still, ge, that’s a little mean.” Tao said before taking a sip of his coffee.

“I don’t think so, Byul is kind of blind to these things. But, I’ve seen the way he looks at her, its different.”

“But, what about Byul? She’s not comfortable with males, we know that.” Lay leaned forward with a frown.

“She’s very relaxed around him, they live together and I haven’t heard her complain about it.” Kris stated, then his brows met.

“We know, gege, that Bang Yongguk is in Seoul too. The hospital called me when someone tried to bribe the chief doctor about Byul’s records.” Lay shook his head with a small smile.

“Chanyeol knows about everything, the only thing he doesn’t know is who hurt Byul.” Kris stated, the three stared at him, surprised.

“She opened up?” Tao balked.

Kris nodded.

“So, whose going to play the friend whose been in love with her ever since and begs her to fly back to Beijing?” Kris leaned back on his chair, Tao cringed.

“I can’t do it, she wont believe me.” Luhan noted. All eyes went to Lay who busy with his fries.

“Shenme(What)?”

 

 

“I’m surprised.” Byul spoke as they stepped out of the restaurant, Chanyeol looked at her.

“You never asked.”

“Asked what?” He echoed as he noticed a few of his friends staring at Byul as they walked to her car.

“Who that person was.” She faced him, Chanyeol smiled and faced her.

“It was already very difficult for you to tell me what happened, what gives me the right to pressure you on that when I wasn’t even there when you suffered alone?”

She chewed on her lip, Chanyeol smiled and just pulled her close to him.

“It’s okay, Byul, you have all the time in the world. I wont press you on it.”

Byul shook her head before he let her go.

“Give me the key, I’ll drive us back.”

 

 

“Not going for a swim?” Saehee asked as her sister joined them at their table.

“It’s too hot.” Byul leaned back on her seat, letting her bare feet touch the sand.

She had changed into a teal two-piece bathing suit and her hair was tied in a bun.

“Hanbyul-ssi?”

Mark looked up and recognized the male.

“Yes?” Byul blinked and looked at the male who had approached them.

“Byul, this is Son Daesik, his family’s company is one of our partners.” Saehee spoke and smiled at the male.

“Ah, nice to meet you.” Byul stood up, and bowed politely.

“Would you like to join us at our yacht? We’re having a party now, just to get to know everyone. Since you just came back…we want to be friends.” Daesik spoke, Mark’s brows rose.

“A party?” Byul mentally winced, before she could reply she felt a soft tap on her back.

“Lay!” She exclaimed too loudly, Lay blinked at her.

“Uhm, can I just follow you there? I have a few things to do first, Daesik-ssi. But, thank you for inviting me.” Byul faced him, the male looked confused but he nodded before leaving.

“Let’s talk for a bit.”

Byul nodded and followed him, Saehee’s eyes narrowed.

“She has so many guy friends.”

“Let her be, she seems happy with them.” Mark chuckled before kissing her cheek and leaning back on his seat.

 

 

“What would you like to talk about, dotor?” Byul grinned as they ended up at an empty bench.

“You.”

“Me? I’m actually doing better, if that’s what you’re asking.”

“No, can you come back?”

“What?”

“Come back to China, we miss you.” Lay recited, Byul blinked at him.

“My sister is pregnant, I’m going to have to take over soon.”

“But, Byul,”

She faced Lay, the latter sighed and took her hand in his.

“I can’t stand not having you near.”

“Zhang Yixing, I’m really okay. I’m don’t get panic attacks anymore.”

“I know you’re not sick anymore, Byul.”

“Then, what?” She grinned.

“I like you and I want you to be somewhere where I can see you.”

Byul paused, her brows met.

“Ya, don’t play around.” She said, Lay shook his head at her.

“I’m not joking.”

“Lay~”

“Please, think about it. I’m sure your businesses can run without you. You can come to me and I’ll make sure that Bang Yongguk wont ever appear before you again.”

 

 

 

Chanyeol stepped out of his bungalow with Byul’s phone in his hand; she had left it in the car earlier. He was about to call for Mark when he noticed a familiar male.

“President Park!”

Chanyeol flinched as the male walked to him.

“Director Bang.”

“Nice seeing you here.” Yongguk smiled.

Chanyeol’s jaw tightened.

“Ah, yes.”

“I don’t see you with vice president Hwang. You two are always together.”

“I was expecting to see her with you.” Yongguk added when Chanyeol didn’t reply.

Before Yongguk could react, Chanyeol grabbed him by the collar harshly. His eyes were cold as he spoke.

 

“You don’t get the right to talk about her.” Chanyeol hissed, then he pushed him down before walking away.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++