020

Superbad

 

 

 

“What is it?” Byul asked as the waiter served their food, she looked at her risotto, then at Mark.

You know that trip a lot of our friends take before the winter ends?

“You mean that three day stay at Bali with Korea’s spoiled brats?” She replied, Mark nodded.

I do, I think the last time I joined was when before you got married.” She nodded as she picked up her spoon, Mark began to fork through his pasta.

Well, can you come join us this year? It’s a good way to socialize and ease in to society.

Her nose scrunched up, Mark smiled at her.

“Just spit it out.” She chuckled as she started to eat, Mark took a quick sip from his wine.

“We plan to have the baby in the US.”

I heard from unnie.” She nodded as chewed.

“After the trip to Bali, we plan to leave for LA.”

Cool. I have a few things I need from Sephora, can I have it shipped to your house~ Oh!” She paused when she noticed that Mark was looking at her meaningfully.

What?!

“Byul.” Mark sighed.

“So, you want me to join the trip so I get to be known. And that..party…it was your idea..So..that I can…take unnie’s seat for a bit. For a bit, like for two years or so.” She muttered, Mark nodded meekly.

“I know…It’s too much, but Byul, we’ll fly back after our child turns one.”

“Mark, you want me to take over Hwangsae just right after I sat on KBS?” She put her spoon down.

“I know, I know. I just..” Mark trailed off, Byul sighed and looked at him.

Well, I was gone for six years.

“You know what? Okay, I’ll do it. I can’t guarantee that I’ll do well, but for you, my sister and my future nephew or niece, I’ll do it.

Mark beamed at her.

“You two better buy the whole Sephora store for me.”

 

 

“Are we going?” Byul asked as she entered the lobby, she had her phone wedged between her ear and shoulder.

“Are you?” Chanyeol asked.

“I think I have to.” She replied.

“Where are you? Saehee said you had lunch with Mark.” Chanyeol stated.

“I’m already in the building. I’ll see you in a few minutes.” She murmured as she pushed the down button.

“Wait, Byul, we have a meeting with BH~”

“Hanbyul, hello.”

Byul froze; she felt a hand land on her shoulder. Her phone slipped through her fingers.

 

 

“Byul? Byul?” Chanyeol blinked, he looked at his phone.

“Get away from me.” Byul’s voice made him stop.

Chanyeol pressed the device to his ear again.

“Don’t touch me.” Byul spat, Chanyeol bolted from his seat and ran out of his office. He reached the elevator, not minding the stares her received as he rushed. He exhaled as he frantically pressed on the elevator button.

 

Byul took a step back, Yongguk smiled at her.

“I still scare you?” He asked softly, but he moved closer. He raised one hand towards her, she flinched.

“Don’t touch me.” She spat. Yongguk chuckled and kept his hand in his pocket.

Byul was pressing herself against the wall, her lips had gone pale and she was breathing erratically.

“I never wanted to hurt you, but that mouth of yours, you just wouldn’t shut up.”

“Go away.” Byul shut her eyes briefly, she heard Yongguk move.

He was closer now; she flinched when she felt his fingers brush against her arm. His fingertips grazed her arm up and down.

“I missed you, Byul.” He whispered, she felt tears starting to pool around her eyes.

 

Chanyeol stepped out of the machine, he saw Byul leaning against the wall, while Yongguk spoke to her. He saw the pained expression on her face.

“Hanbyul?” He spoke as he walked to them, then Byul looked up. She slid away from the wall and dashed towards him.

“By~” Chanyeol halted when Byul wrapped her arms around his waist and pressed her face against his chest. He could feel her tears drench his shirt.

“I saw her leaning against the wall, it seems like she was having an asthma attack. I wanted to help her, but she refused.” Yongguk had walked to them, Yeol felt her arms around him tighten.

“Ah, yes? Then, I’ll see you upstairs, director Bang.” Chanyeol said with a polite smile, the male nodded and walked towards the elevator.

“Byul?” Chanyeol’s hands wrapped around her elbows, he slowly pushed her away so that he could see her face.

“What happened?” He spoke softly, she just shook her head.

“Just for a few minutes……No, seconds….Yeol, I’m…sorry..I..” She stuttered.

He just nodded and pulled her back to him. He felt her breathing normalize; he started rubbing her back in a comforting manner.

“It’s fine, Byul. You’re okay, you’re safe.” He whispered before kissing the side of her head.

Then he felt her body gone limp, Chanyeol staggered back as Hanbyul collapsed in his arms.

 

 

“Byul!”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++