045

Superbad

 

 

Byul stretched as she stepped out of her room, Kris was having his usual black coffee, while Tao was fussing over breakfast.

“It’s a Saturday, do we have plans?” She asked as she climbed down the stairs, the three were staying at Kris’s hotel suite.

“No, but you do.” Tao replied.

“What? Mark said I could borrow his yacht, should we go~”

“How long are you going to delay calling him?” Kris interjected, Byul flinched.

“What are you so afraid of?” Tao joined them, followed by a hotel staff that was carrying food.

“Byul, I’m sure he wont push you back and tell you to fly back to China. The man had your enemy sentenced. Not just any sentence too, Bang Yongguk’s in jail for life.”

Byul sat down and picked up a toast.

“Do you know how quick the trial was? Even I am worried if I ever crossed him or something.”

Kris words made her look up.

“He got handcuffed in his office with his employees looking, his case was only tried for a month. Then he was sentence to jail. Byul, Chanyeol did a lot of things just so you could come back safe and you would never have to worry again. So, I don’t think this delaying thing you’re doing is…”

Byul chewed on her lip, Tao looked at her.

“I’ll contact him after Tao and I finish things at KBS.”

 

 

“An emergency meeting?” Chanyeol spoke to his phone; he was at Han River with his dog. Snow was off-leashed as she ran towards the water, careful not to slide down.

“Yes, sir. Something about our contract signing with our three major shows.”

Chanyeol exhaled.

“Okay, I’ll be there ins ten minutes.” He ended the call and called for his pet, Snow had dashed towards him and let him snap the leash to his harness.

“I guess it’s bring your dog to work day.” He patted her head as they headed back to the G Wagon.

 

 

Byul was dressed in a pair of white jeans, a loose olive Balmain shirt and a pair of black Vans on her feet. The elevator doors opened and she followed Tao towards his car.

“Really? Really?” She paused and looked at her friend, Tao grinned at her like a proud father.

“I was just gone for a few months and now Goldie has a friend? A new one at that.” She was eyeing Tao’s Lamborghini Huracan that was auto-detailed in a metallic emerald green.

“I was bored. Now, get in.” Tao said in his usual accented Korean, Byul grinned and opened the door.

 

 

Chanyeol arrived at the lobby, he let his secretary take his car down to the basement. Snow was with him as he walked to the elevator. The employees bowed as he walked past, Chanyeol pressed the button on the wall and waited.

Then he heard the familiar purr of Tao’s sports car, his lips quirked up in amusement as he turned.

He froze.

Byul got down from the car with Tao, he tossed the key to the valet and tailed after Byul. They were chatting as they walked towards the revolving doors, then they were already inside the lobby.

Chanyeol just continued to stare at her. Then Snow barked.

 

“I don’t think that would have worked~” Byul stopped when she heard a dog bark.

Tao looked up, Byul followed his gaze.

She paused and stopped walking. Chanyeol was staring back at her.

“Oh, hyung!” Tao beamed and approached him.

“Oh…you’re here for the meeting?” Chanyeol peeled his eyes away from her.

“Yes, you too? I thought I was going to have a quiet Saturday.” Tao grinned, then the doors pinged open.

 

“Let’s go in, hyung.” Tao nudged him, Chanyeol nodded; his eyes went to her briefly before he followed Tao into the machine. Snow was barking at Byul as the doors started to close.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++