039

Superbad

 

“I cant believe this.” Saehee blurted as she studied the papers, Mark was seated beside her, reading the other documents.

“It’s so..cleanly done.” Mark set the papers done.

“She’s assigned KBS to Huang Zitao, but her shares are still hers…It says here too, Zitao’s doing it..it’s like an internship of some sort.”

“That way it protects the company and Zitao.” Mark nodded.

“And Kris, Kris is interim CEO of HwangSae for an indefinite period. I have no words.”

“You have nothing worry about, she’s arranged this so that you will be safe.”

“That’s not what I’m worried about, someone as rich as Kris wouldn’t even have to bother touch HwangSae, but she has this prepared in such a short time.”

“Saehee~”

“She’s adamant about leaving. She’s so determined on leaving that everything in the paperwork is perfect.” She trailed off and shook her head.

“What about Chanyeol?” Mark asked.

“I don’t know, I cant read my sister.” Saehee took out her phone, it pinged, informing her of a voice message.

“Unnie, it’s me.”

Mark sat up.

“I know you want to yell at me, the documents have probably reached you by now, and I’m sorry. I know you’re thinking that I’m letting two strangers enter our companies, but I’ve made sure that everything..everyone is safe. And Kris and Tao wouldn’t dare do anything funny. I did this..because,”

“Because I know I promised I would stay so you and Mark could have the baby outside the country, but I cant unnie. And I want to help you because all these years you’ve been doing this alone, but..I’m..” Byul’s breath hitched, Saehee looked away.

“I’m..sorry, unnie. I didn’t know the monsters from my past would come back…and destroy things. I know you’re still mad at me for keeping things. I regret everything, meeting that man…up to now. That’s why I’m leaving, I want to get well. My doctor is in China, and he knows my case well. I promise to get cured, unnie. Because if I don’t, I can’t help you, I’ll be useless to our family. That’s why I’m leaving without word because I know you would stop me, and I don’t want you to cry, because that would mean my niece or nephew would too.” She sobbed.

“And, please..I didn’t plan to get attached, unnie. I didn’t plan to see him differently.”

Mark and Saehee looked at each other.

Chanyeol

“Please watch over him. I can’t be in contact with anyone.”

Saehee closed her eyes and leaned back.

“I’ll be back, unnie, please tell Mark that he can yell at me all he wants when I get back. Love you.”

What the , Byul?” Mark shook his head.

 

 

The car pulled to a full stop in front of the Cessna, Kris was standing by the steps, waiting.

Shelby leapt down from Byul’s lap, Tao called the dog and held onto his leash as Byul walked to her friend.

Thank you.

This doesn’t mean I approve.” He replied, Byul gave him a small smile.

Don’t worry, I’ll take care of the company.” She nudged him, Kris just frowned.

Your life is here..with him.

I cant function well, you know that. I need to get well, my doctors are there. I was doing great back then, working for you while getting cured.

Byul, I get it. You want to get better, but not telling your family?

They’ll just try to stop me, I cant cause anymore damage.

“Hanbyul~” Kris halted when another car arrived, the G Wagon’s brakes slammed in protest.

Then Chanyeol slid down from the car, he had his eyes on Byul as he walked towards them.

He looked angry.

“Park Yeol,” She was stunned, Chanyeol grabbed her arm.

“What are you doing?” He questioned, his deep voice had gone cold.

“Chanyeol-ah, don’t do~”

“You’re leaving?” He asked with disbelief.

“I was..I was..” Byul noticed a Rolls Royce pull over behind them, she knew it was Mark and Saehee inside.

“After everything we’ve been through, you don’t even tell me about this? I don’t even understand why you have to leave. Are you trying to avoid me?” Chanyeol stated.

“I need meet my doctor again. I want to get well.”

“You are already well!” Chanyeol replied, she shook her head, fresh tears were threatening to escape her eyes.

“I..I can’t do this. I can’t be with you when I’m still sick. Everyday I get these little panic attacks, Yeol…and its hard when you’re not around. And I know you can’t be around always.”

“Byul,” Chanyeol’s brows met. She met his gaze.

“I can’t always depend on you, as much as I want too…Yeol, this hurts me too.”

“There must be another way.” Chanyeol looked at her.

“But I’ll come back, I promise. And I don’t expect you to wait for me. It’s okay.” She brushed her tears away.

Tao looked away.

“I love you, Byul. Can’t you stay?” Chanyeol asked, his lips quivered as he spoke.

Byul shook her head.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered, then she stepped towards him, both of her hands went to the collar of his jacket then she gently pulled and pressed his lips against hers.

Chanyeol paused, but he started to hold onto her, then Byul pulled back.

His gaze met hers before she ran towards the steps, leaving Chanyeol standing alone. Tao let go of Shelby and the dog followed his master.

 

Chanyeol looked away, before Saehee could reach him, he got in his car and sped away.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++