007

Superbad

 

Byul stretched before sitting up, she glanced at the six a.m. sun, and she puffed her cheeks before leaving her room.

She padded towards the kitchen and approached the refrigerator.

She knelt in front of the machine and started to gather ingredients in her arms. Then she started to slice vegetables, she had switched on Chanyeol’s surround sound system and was humming to some R&B as she cooked.

 

Chanyeol stepped out of his room clad in a black shirt and gray sweats. He heard the music in the background; he went down to the kitchen and blinked.

“I made food!” Byul grinned at him, Chanyeol sighed.

Byul was at the kitchen, making juice, clad in nothing but her gray Calvin Klein sports bra and a pair of black jogger sweats.

“Let’s eat.” She urged him; Chanyeol spun around and went back to his room.

Byul was setting the table when the world turned black.

“Put that on.” Chanyeol stated, she pulled the sweater away from her face.

“What are your plans today?” He asked as he sat down, Byul followed and sat across him. She put on the sweater and grew frustrated at the length of the sleeves.

Chanyeol grew amused as she folded the cuffs, then the sleeves.

“I need clothes and lunch with unnie.” She replied as she dug in.

“Do you need me to come with you?” He offered, but Byul could see the regret in his eyes as soon as he offered.

“No need, I shop better when I’m alone.”

Then her phone started to vibrate on the table, Chanyeol saw how her brows met briefly.

“Not picking it up?” He tried to reach for her phone, but Byul swatted the gadget away, causing it to fall on the floor with a thud.

Chanyeol grew confused.

“I…It’s fine. I’ll go get dressed.” She said without looking at him, she picked up her phone and went to her room.

Chanyeol scratched the back of his head before continuing to eat.

 

 

 

“I don’t know..How did he get my number?” Byul asked as she put on her jeans, Kris was on the other line.

“Are you sure it was him?”

“It was his number.” She sighed before putting on the lace crop top.

She looked at her reflection, she was clad in a pair of high waist skinny jeans and a mesh lace top.

“Are you okay? Do you need me to fly over?” Kris asked, Byul smiled as she put on her pair of pointed suede heels.

“Don’t, I’m okay. It was just odd that he~” There was a knock on her door, she stood up.

She opened and let Chanyeol in.

“It was just odd that he called.” She finished in Mandarin before putting her phone away.

“What?” She faced Chanyeol as she noticed he was staring at her with a look of disapproval on his face.

“I can see your bra. I don’t even have to make an effort to see it.” He balked.

“It’s a lace top, Park Yeol. Come on, are you going to drive me to the mall?” She asked as she grabbed her fur lined parka.

“Byul, dressed in that…It’s snowing.” He finished.

“I wont be walking out in the snow.” She sighed before leaving him in the room, Chanyeol sighed and followed her.

“Byul, you’re not in Hong Kong anymore, dress warmly.” He stated as they walked to the elevator.

“So, are you driving me there? Or are we going separately?” She faced him.

“Ani, I’m coming with you.” Chanyeol stated.

“But~”

“I promised your mom I would take care of you, I don’t want to get into trouble.”

 

 

People would glance over at the two as they passed; Chanyeol was dressed in a navy blue suit with a tailored long coat that accentuated his lean frame and height, while Byul caught most males’ attention because of her beauty.

“I plan to get some shoes first.” Byul said as she took his hand, Chanyeol nodded and just walked with her. He had figured out that Byul was comfortable with holding hands in public, and the stares didn’t bother her at all.

“By the way, my secretary introduced herself to me via e-mail. It felt odd, I had to review so much KBS stuff.” She started as they approached the elevator.

“But one thing confuses me, its~” Byul suddenly broke away from Chanyeol.

She walked towards the kid who had slipped on the floor across them.

“Are you okay?” Byul leaned down over the young boy and slowly pulled him.

“Y—yes, noona.” The boy sniffed, Byul smiled and brushed off the dust on his hand.

“You should be careful.” She chided as she stood up just as the boy’s mother came running to them.

The lady thanked her before leaving with her son. Chanyeol was grinning as he waited for Byul.

“What confuses me that why we have to pay so much for these entertainment companies. Aren’t we doing them a favor by promoting their artists? We even have a news segment about them.” She said as they stepped on the escalator.

“And, why do we have to~” She paused when she felt Chanyeol tense beside her.

“Park Yeol?” She queried as they arrived on the floor.

“Yeol?” She looked at his face.

 

 

Chanyeol grew stiff, he couldn’t believe it. She was standing before him.

“Chanyeol-ah,” Her voice was all too familiar, she was smiling shyly as she walked to him.

“Yeol?” Byul asked again.

“How have you been?” The girl before him asked, she was speaking to him as if nothing happened.

“I’ll go look at the shoes then.” Byul spoke again, before she could move, Chanyeol pulled her back.

 

 

It all happened too fast, she was about to approach the Valentino boutique when she felt Chanyeol pull her back and wrap one arm around her waist.

Her eyes widened as memories started to come back to her, her chest started to constrict.

Fear started to consume her.

“I’ve been doing well.” Chanyeol replied, his deep voice echoing in Byul’s head as she started to have a difficult time breathing.

 

 

Chanyeol looked at the lady before him, his eyes void of any expression.

“Ah, really? I’ll see you around.” She nodded before sidestepping them, then he looked at Byul.

“Byul, that was~” His eyes widened when he saw tears on her cheeks, she was flinching away from his touch.

“Hwang Byul~” He staggered back as she pushed him away, then she ran.

 

“Byul!”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++