023

Superbad

 

 

Chanyeol glanced at the living room, Byul was seated on the floor, she had her arms around Shelby as the dog looked at the television screen.

He exhaled before getting a mug from the cupboard and poured the milk he was heating in it.

“This will help you sleep.” He said softly as he set the mug on the coffee table before her.

She looked up, Shelby whine softly before settling his head on her lap, Chanyeol smiled at the dog.

“He..He’s actually a therapy dog.” She said before taking the mug in her hands.

“I had a feeling he was, I saw his travel documents.”

Byul paused and looked at him.

“I didn’t bother to ask, I knew you weren’t feeling well.” He said as he sat down beside her, still mindful to keep his distance. Byul smiled and leaned back on the couch’s foot.

Yeol looked at her, his brows met briefly.

“How…How did things..get better?” He asked softly, Byul ran her fingers on Shelby’s fur before speaking.

“I was admitted for six months, a team of doctors worked on me, Kris was kind enough to cover up everything. I heard he even spoke with Mark on the phone and persuaded my parents not to visit me.”

Byul chewed on her lip.

“I almost lost hope, then one day, this little guy, well he was little back then,” Byul looked at Shelby lovingly.

“Shelby came running in my room, wreaking havoc and causing chaos….He encouraged me to get better, then a few weeks later, I resumed working.” Byul faced him with a grin before drinking her milk.

“Work?”

“I worked for Kris’s company for a bit.” She replied as Shelby stood up and left them.

“How~”

“I know you have questions about Kris, but really, he’s one of the best guys I’ve met, including you and Mark.”

Chanyeol nodded, then he offered his hand to her. Byul smiled.

“It’s fine, you can reach for me without asking. I wont freak or scream.” She chuckled before scooting closer to him, Yeol smiled and let her lean on him.

“Promise me one thing,”

“What?”

“Don’t tell anyone yet. I’m not ready to face everyone.”

“You didn’t have to ask.” Chanyeol smiled before pulling her closer, Byul smiled and just leaned back.

 

 

Chanyeol was dressed in a black turtleneck sweater and a pair of black jeans, he glanced at Byul beside him, she had a grey knit dress that hugged her curves nicely and their coats were gathered on her lap as the Rolls Royce sped away from the city.

“What do you mean you have to fly to Shanghai?” She spoke to Kris, who was on a video call with her.

“Something came up at work, but don’t worry, I’ll try to fly to Bali as soon as I can.”

Byul made a face, Kris chuckled.

“Don’t worry, Byul. You’ll be okay.”

“She will be okay.” Chanyeol muttered to himself.

Fine, I’ll see you then.” She put her phone down and looked at Shelby who was sitting across them.

“I spoke to my father on the phone, he said he’ll let me drive.” She opened up, Chanyeol snorted.

“Ya.”

“Byul, remember when you wrecked you sister’s car? You were just trying to start the engine and yet you killed the car, literally.”

“Now’s not the time to bring that up.” She muttered darkly, Chanyeol chuckled.

“Did you choose what car?”

“Not yet, I have to~”

“I’ll go with you then.” He offered as they arrived at the airport. The car slowed down as they entered the hangar.

 

“Gege!”

Kris smiled from the other line, he was already thousands of feet on the air as he spoke through the airplane phone.

“You want to cause some trouble?”

“Why not? But, for what?” The younger male asked.

“Call the others, I’ll fly over and come pick you up. We’re flying to Bali.”

“Is Little Star with you?”

“No, but we’ll meet her there.”

 

 

“Aigoo, your son’s here.” Saehee grinned as her sister and best friend joined them in the cabin of the Tuan’s private airplane.

Shelby her hand before following Chanyeol to his seat.

“He makes me feel calm, you know how I don’t enjoy going to the beach.”

Mark smirked at her, Byul rolled his eyes before following Chanyeol.

“She seems better.” Saehee said as Chanyeol took Byul’s coat for her.

“Maybe she and Chanyeol settled their issues already?” Mark asked as he gestured for her to put on her seatbelt.

“I think they match well.” She said.

“Don’t start.” Mark shook his head.

“They always had good chemistry.” Saehee mused just as Kai and Sehun joined them in the plane.

 

 

 

It was already six hours into their flight when Saehee put her magazine down, her sister looked up.

“What?” Byul asked as she looked at the magazine on the table before them, Mark looked up.

“There’s an article about you, although they stated that all they heard about you were rumors,” Saehee was smiling as she spoke, Byul looked at her picture, it was taken at the Lunar New Year Party a week ago.

“KBS’s new executive also, they want to know if you have something going on with this Chinese magnate.” Saehee asked, her eyes going to her sister, Byul yawned and pulled the magazine closer to her face.

“Which Chinese magnate?” Kai grinned from his seat, Chanyeol pulled of his earphones, and his eyes went to the article.

“Exactly, which Chinese magnate.” Byul smiled and shook her head, Saehee paused.

“There’s more?” She asked, Mark bit back his laugh.

“Right, Byul, I saw those gossip columnist’s articles about you,” Sehun spoke up.

“Really? I read from somewhere that I was carrying Chanyeol’s child.” Byul grinned, Chanyeol winced.

“Some call it the Beijing squad, your group of friends.” Sehun stated.

“Squad? I just made friends, no big deal.” Byul shook her head.

 

 

“Finally!” Kai said exasperatedly as the plane finally went to a full stop. Chanyeol opened his eyes and looked at Byul who had one arm looped around his as she slept.

“Byul?” He spoke, his voice hoarse from sleep.

Wake up, brat.” Mark mused as he stood up, Saehee was grinning as Mark grabbed her Hermes Kelly for her.

Byul flinched and she squinted at the three.

“Are we~”

“Yes, we are. Freshen up, we’ll be going down in a few.” Saehee said as Chanyeol planted her Louis Vuitton backpack on her lap gently. Byul mumbled as she unbuckled her seatbelt, and looked for her hairbrush.

 

 

“What’s that?” Sehun spoke as they climbed down the steps, his eyes were on the other private plane across them.

“It looks like they just landed too.” Kai added as he saw the ground crew approach the plane.

“Hyung, can you read that?” Sehun called to Mark, gesturing towards the Chinese characters on the plane. Byul was ahead of Chanyeol as they stepped down.

“What read~” Byul looked up, her brows met briefly.

“Zhang Pharmateutials.” Mark nodded as he helped Saehee on the last step, the plane’s door opened, revealing a tall young man clad in a fur coat and sunglasses.

“Oh no.” Byul breathed.

“Oh no, what?” Saehee faced her, Chanyeol looked at the two. Then three more males went down, Chanyeol recognized Kris.

“It’s Kris.” He nudged Byul, she sighed then the male with the fur coat took off his glasses and yelled.

Little star!” He said as he rushed to them, Saehee balked, Byul had smiled before rushing to meet the male halfway.

“There’s really more of them.” Kai blinked as his eyes went to the three handsome males. Fur Coat picked up Byul and spun her around, Sehun smirked and glanced at Chanyeol, he noticed that his hyung’s fists had curled around the strap of his carry-on bag.

“Zitao.” The male clad in a pair of white jeans and a white sweater warned as he carefully pulled down the hem of Byul’s dress.

“They seem close.” Saehee commented as Byul laughed, she started speaking in Mandarin as they greeted her with hugs.

“Beijing squad, that’s them.” Mark nodded, Chanyeol’s brows met as another male greeted Byul with a kiss on the cheek.

“She said not to make a big deal, but these guys travel with their cars.” Kai muttered as he saw four expensive cars being unloaded from the plane.

“No wonder no one has ever tried to court Byul when she came back, look at he friends.” Mark mused as three Rolls Royce vehicles pulled over.

“Byul!” Sehun called to her, she turned and nodded. Her four friends waved at her as they each walked to their cars.

“Your friends?” Saehee asked as she reached them.

“Yeah.” She grinned as she took Chanyeol’s hand, they approached the car then she halted when a gold Lamborghini pulled up behind them.

Meet me later, let’s talk.” Kris winked at her before speeding away.

Chanyeol made a face as he opened the car for Byul, Shelby jumped in the vehicle first.

“Your friends?”

 

“Yeah, the Beijing squad or so they say.” She chuckled as Yeol closed the door.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++