034

Superbad

 

Byul stared at the screen of her laptop, she was reading her emails from her secretary and reviewing on of the KBS branches in Jeju.

“Maybe I should drop by.” She murmured, she looked up and saw Chanyeol and Songhee at the garden. She yanked her curtains shut.

Then her phone started to ring.

It was her brother-in-law, her brows met. She knew running was wrong; she shouldn’t be hiding away from her family.

But telling them would mean exposing herself, exposing her biggest mistake.

Her weakness.

It would not only affect her, but once word goes out, the company would be harmed as well.

She stood up and grabbed her purse.

 

 

“Are you going out, dear?”

“Yes, imo. I have to check out something at one of our branches nearby. But I’ll be back before dinner.” She smiled at the elder as she put on her sneakers.

“Ya, who’s that lady?” Chanyeol’s mother had walked to her and stirred her to windows, Byul winced.

“The girl who was~”

“A blind date?”

“Yes, imo.”

“Isn’t she too short for him? And what’s with that haircut?” The elder snorted.

“Imo, everyone is short for him.” She chuckled before heading to the front door.

 

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll talk to her.” Saehee said after exhaling.

“Yes, eomma.”

Mark glanced up from the chaise, they were inside a private waiting lounge at the airport.

“This is..so wrong.” Saehee closed her eyes briefly as she sat beside him.

“She probably kept it because she didn’t want us to worry.” Mark said and took her hand in his.

“Now, I have to lie to my parents too.” Saehee mumbled.

“Still, my baby sister…for her to go through all that…I might as well have that man killed.”

Mark bit his lip.

“Byul is my best friend, she was the person who encouraged me to go through med. Seeing those photos…I want to have him killed as well, but Sae, you have to consider this too, what if Byul hid it because she didn’t want~”

“It was wrong of her to hide it, it wasn’t her fault.” Saehee exhaled and glanced at the glass wall.

“I want him behind bars, Mark.”

 

 

“Park Yeol, I’m going to need your car.”

Chanyeol looked up from the documents he was reading, Byul’s back was already facing him as she walked towards the Mercedes Benz G Wagon.

“Ya, wait!” Chanyeol jumped from his seat and dashed towards her. Byul was already climbing up the car when two warm hands had pulled her back.

“What?” Byul faced him, his hands still on her waist. Chanyeol blinked at his mistake.

“Sorry!” He said quickly as he dropped his hands to his sides. Byul smiled and shook her head.

“It’s okay, it’s not that bad anymore.” She slapped his arm playfully.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“One of our offices, I need to check things, well, now that I’m here, I figured I might as well, drop by.” She nodded, her eyes went to Songhee briefly.

“Then, let me drive~”

A strong gust of wind hit them, Byul flinched as the chilly air made her nose flush red.

Yeol grinned at her, then her eyes went to the sand.

“What’s that?” Byul pulled away from him, she leaned down and picked up the papers.

“Hwang Byul,”

Byul started to read the documents, she balked in shock. She looked up and faced her friend, there was anger and disappointment written in her eyes.

“You’re..investigating him?” Her voice was soft, hurt.

“Hanbyul,”

“I trusted you. You know I don’t want things to go out, and now you plan to take things to court?”

Chanyeol tried to approach her, but she stepped back.

“I trusted you!” Fresh tears started to pool around her eyes.

“Why? Tell me why.”

“I told you I wanted to protect you, Byul.”

“Protect? I don’t need you to protect me, what you’re doing…What if it will trace back to me? What will you do then?”

“Byul,” Chanyeol walked to her, Byul just stared at him with cold eyes.

“And, you’re doing all this behind my back. Chanyeol, you already called the contract off, what else~”

“I want him to pay, Byul. What he did to you was wrong.”

“You don’t have to do this. Chanyeol, if word goes out that~”

“It won’t trace back to you! Do you think I’d let that happen?” He snapped at her, Byul blinked.

“Then, why? Why are you doing this?”

“Byul, I’m a lawyer, I was a prosecut~”

“That doesn’t answer the question, Park Chanyeol!”

“You told me once not to meddle into your affairs because I was gone for a long time, then, why are you doing this? You weren’t there when it happened.”

“Because I like you!” He snapped at her, Byul stepped back, her eyes wide.

“And it kills me that someone whom has hurt you so much is still roaming around freely. And that even a photo of him could affect you so much that you would break down. You don’t know how much that drives me mad, Byul.” He said softly, Byul looked away from him.

“Hanbyul, please, let me~”

 

“Go back to Songhee, I have to go.” She spoke before rushing to the car, in a matter of seconds she was already driving away from the house.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++