012

Superbad

 

Chanyeol looked up as he heard the door open.

“Park Yeol!” Byul’s voice echoed from the hallway, he shook his head as she heard her tossing her shoes on the floor before stepping in.

“Did you bring dinner?” He asked as he stood up from the couch and switched off the TV.

“I did. Chinese food, are you okay with it?” She asked as she stepped in the kitchen, Chanyeol followed her then he paused as he saw a large dog facing him, its tail was wagging happily.

“Byul, this is not a dog. This is a cow.” He said as he knelt and patted its head.

“This is Shelby, he’s a Bernie.” She replied as she took out the food.

“Bernie?”

“Bernese mountain dog, he’s very friendly, so, no worries.” She mused as she tried to reach for the plates and bowls. Yeol looked up, amused of her difficulty.

He stood up and got it for her.

“So, how did the meeting go?” He asked lightly, Byul paused before facing him.

“We set another date for the meeting with their executive, but their plan is very well thought of.” She said as she took the plates and walked to the dining hall.

She puffed her cheeks before exhaling.

“I’m sorry.” She said, Chanyeol’s brows rose up.

“Ya, what~”

“Ani, if hadn’t been so jittery, you wouldn’t need to come with me earlier.” She toyed with the cuff of her sweater’s sleeve.

Chanyeol shook his head.

“It’s not your fault, Byul. I wanted to come and see if I you needed my help.” He stated as he set the utensils on the table.

“But…” She trailed off as she sat down, Yeol sat across her.

“Are..you..not over her yet?” She asked carefully, she noticed how Chanyeol paused.

“You don’t have to answer, sorry.” She winced and gave his hand a squeeze before eating.

Yeol shook his head.

“I don’t know, Byul. I don’t know.”

 

 

Heads turned as a girl clad in a tight olive dress that had cut outs around the waist stepped in the club. Her dark hair framed her angelic face nicely and the soft smile on her face allured most males in the room.

“Finally!” Kai grinned and made her join their booth. Their private booth was on top of the dance floor; it had glass walls and was prepped with many drinks.

Sehun poured her a drink.

“Did you tell Chanyeol hyung?” Kai asked as he leaned back on the sofa.

“I didn’t get to, he..seems not be in a good mood.” Her brows met briefly.

“You’re not used to the new him yet.” Sehun mused. She nodded before refilling her glass.

“What…happened with him and that Shin Ara?” She asked, her eyes went to Kai as he shook his head.

“No, what happened to him? He wasn’t always this….dull.” She finished her drink and set her glass down.

“Two years ago, Chanyeol hyung finally became a prosecutor. But, it was found out the uncle Park was cheating on his wife.”

“I heard about that.” She murmured, her brows meeting.

“Well, it was Chanyeol who found out. He found them at one of their villas.”

“..What?”

“Things happened so fast, Byul. Auntie tried to..harm herself. Then, they got divorced and she left the country. She hasn’t been in contact since.”

Byul’s hand flew to .

“His grandfather forced hyung to quit his job and he was pushed to be CEO in a matter of days. And we all know how much he wanted to be a prosecutor, all those hours he spent in law school..now.. he had to leave it.”

“To makes matters worst, hyung also found Ara in bed with another man.”

 

 

Byul stepped out of the booth and went down, she maneuvered carefully around the crowd of dancing bodies. She wrapped her arms around herself.

“Hi, agasshi!” A male appeared before her, Byul skillfully sidestepped him and headed towards the exit.

She closed her eyes briefly as she leaned on the wall. She thought she was ready to go clubbing alone, without the familiar people she met from China, but no. She could not stand even facing another new male from inside.

She leaned the back of her head against the wall.

“Things happened so fast, Byul. Auntie tried to..harm herself. Then, they got divorced and she left the country. She hasn’t been in contact since.”

 “His grandfather forced hyung to quit his job and he was pushed to be CEO in a matter of days. And we all know how much he wanted to be a prosecutor, all those hours he spent in law school..now.. he had to leave it.”

“To makes matters worse, hyung also found Ara in bed with another man.”

“Yeol.” She sighed before glancing around her. She had no idea that this was what happened, if only she had called just to check on him.

If only she didn’t get so weak.

Her brows met in frustration, it irritated her, the possibility that she might breakdown again, and the fact that she freaks out when another male touches her. She knew she could trust her friends, but she can’t even hug them or greet them like she used to.

She cursed and stomped her right feet.

“What are you doing?” A familiar deep voice made her look up.

 

Chanyeol slid down from his car and noticed Byul standing outside the club. A few meters away from her, he saw a group of young men eyeing her while grinning at each other.

“What are you doing?” He asked as he approached her.

She looked up and smiled at him.

“I drank a little too quickly, I just needed some air.” She explained, Yeol nodded and looked around them.

“Did Kai call you?”

“Sehun did, they got a little worried when you disappeared.” He chided before taking off his jacket and handing it to her, Byul grinned and swatted his arm away.

“Ya~”

“Do you want to go inside or get patbingsu with me?” She asked and offered her hand, Chanyeol’s brows rose but he took her hand.

“In this weather, you want patbingsu?”

Byul just grinned at him before squeezing him, Chanyeol chuckled. She glanced at him and frowned.

I’m sorry for not being there when you needed a friend.

“Walk quickly, it’s cold.” She let go of his hand and wrapped her arm around his waist and started pulling him.

Chanyeol shook his head.

“Ya, if you continue to act carelessly in public~”

“Yeol, it’s just you.” She rolled her eyes, he grinned before placing one arm around her shoulder, shielding her from the cold.

“Wait till that announcement party happens.” He teased as they walked.

“Exactly, we might as well make the most out of my anonymity.”

 

 

 

Hanbyul dropped the folder on her desk and closed her eyes, it was already six pm and she still had so much things left to review. Her secretary had already left, even though she insisted to stay. But Byul dismissed her.

Her phone started to ring.

“I thought you were going to join us for dinner? Chanyeol’s already here.”

“Sorry, unnie. I just have so much to finish right now, and I have that meeting with BH Group tomorrow. I want to go over the contract again.”

She head her sister sigh from the other line.

“Fine, just promise you eat dinner.”

“I will, unnie. Bye, have a good meal!” She placed her phone down, she looked around her. She grabbed her wallet and left her office.

 

 

Byul entered the empty company cafeteria, she walked towards the kitchen and walked to one of the large refrigerators.

Her phone started to ring as she searched for an onion.

“Yeol?” She answered as she wedged the phone between her ear and shoulder.

“Just talk to me, for a minute.” He said, there was something odd in his tone.

“Okay…Is something wrong?” She asked as she set the onion on the counter and searched for a knife.

“I bumped into Ara…She’s walking behind me with a few of her friends. So…don’t end the call..yet.” He tried to sound playful. Byul snorted as she opened her cup ramen and filled it with hot water.

“I’ll put~” Her phone blinked once, then died. She winced.

“I should have charged.” She winced; she began to slice the onion. Then she paused.

“How do you slice this?” She murmured as she turned the vegetable upside down and picked up the knife.

“Uhmm, excuse me, miss?”

She jumped and dropped the knife, she turned behind her. A tall male was looking at her, his eyes were on the onion, rolling away from her.

“…Yes?”

“Do you need help with the onion?” He asked with a polite smile, Byul just blinked. He picked up the onion and washed it.

Byul watched as he skillfully minced the onion and put it on small plate.

“You must like onions your ramen.” He said softly before pushing the plate to her,

“Yes, I do. Thank you.” She bowed politely.

“No problem, just be careful with the knife.” He gave her another warm smile before grabbing a glass. Then he left the kitchen, Byul peeked by the door as he filled his glass with water, and after drinking he walked to the elevator and disappeared.

“He must be working overtime too.” She mused as she placed some onions in her cup.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++