026

Superbad

 

 

“Yes, secretary Ahn?”

“Sir, we already found out.” His secretary sounded uncertain from the other line, Chanyeol walked to the veranda and let his eyes rest on the ocean.

“Did you send them to me?”

“Yes, but I think it would be better if you hear it right now, sir. The vice president could be in danger.”

Chanyeol’s brows met.

“Danger?”

“The man who…harassed her is BH Group’s current director.”

Chanyeol was stunned, the grip on his phone tightened.

“What?”

“It was Bang Yongguk.”

“Then tell me why isn’t he in jail right now?” He almost snapped.

“I’m not sure what happened, but vice president didn’t press charges, everything was covered up, even the doctors weren’t allowed to see her when she was confined. A team of doctors were assigned to her during her recovery period, only a few people were allowed to see her too.”

“Arasso. Make sure no one finds out.”

Chanyeol slammed his hand on the wheel; he was inside his car, trying to collect his thoughts.

Then Byul’s phone started to ring, it was Kris.

Without thinking, he swiped the green icon.

“Where are you? I just saw Bang Yongguk walking around!”

Chanyeol slid down from his car.

 

 

Before Byul could reply, Lay’s phone started to ring.

“Ge?”

“Byul?...She’s with me….Her phone?” Lay looked at her.

“I don’t have my phone with me, I think I left it with Chanyeol. Wei shenme?” She leaned over then she jumped when she heard Kris curse loudly from the other line.

“What was that?” She asked when Lay set his phone down.

“Kris ge saw Yongguk at the beach, then he called you to warn you,”

“…Okay.”

“But someone picked up his call.”

Byul balked.

“What?!”

“He thinks it was Chanyeol.”

 

 

“What is this?” Mark halted, Kai looked up from his phone.

“What?” Saehee had arrived with her glass of fruit juice.

“That’s an iPad, Mark.” She mused as she sat on his lap, then her eyes zeroed on the screen.

“BH Group, aren’t they working with you? Byul’s project.” Kai stated, Saehee grabbed the device.

CONTRACT BETWEEN BH GROUP AND KBS, SEVERED FOR UNKNOWN REASONS!

“What is this? Does Byul know? Chanyeol?” Saehee took out her phone, then she saw Hanbyul running to them.

“Ya, Hwang Hanbyul, have you seen~”

“Where is Chanyeol?”

“The news~”

“Unnie, I asked you where Chanyeol is!” She snapped, their table turned quiet, Kai was stunned.

“Byul.” Mark looked at her, Byul exhaled and walked away from them.

 

 

It was already seven in the evening, Chanyeol was alone at the hotel’s bar, he was already on his fourth drink.

“Are you feeling better now? You’re a little pale.” He stated. Byul nodded at him.

“Byul….what happened back there?”

He saw her smile, but it was clear to him that she was formulating another lie.

“I must have forgotten to eat lunch again.”

Chanyeol nodded. She slowly slid down from her bed, not taking the time to wear her slippers. Chanyeol scooted over as she sat beside him.

“About this project…..Can…I not take part?”

Chanyeol paused and looked at her.

“It’s…never mind. Forget that I said that.” She said before pulling her legs up and leaning against his side.

Chanyeol exhaled and looked at his drink, he should have known. Her panic attacks worsened the moment Yongguk appeared, his fists curled.

He should have noticed it the moment Byul mentioned that she wanted out of the project.

“I see you’ve figured it out.”

Chanyeol paused; he put his drink down and spun around. Yongguk was looking at him.

“Was it you? Who broke the contract?”

“It’s only right that I did.” Chanyeol replied evenly.

“Do you know how much we lost because of your actions?” Yongguk snapped, Chanyeol smirked and then he rose up, his one hundred eighty five centimeters self towered over the other male.

“I don’t care about the money, get out of my sight.” He said before sidestepping him.

“You have feelings for her don’t you?”

Yongguk’s word made him stop, Chanyeol’s jaw grew taut.

“She’s like that, she likes stringing a man along, toying with him. She’s good in bed too. A bonus to her pretty face.” He chuckled, then Chanyeol spun around, his fist connected with his jaw. Yongguk fell on the nearby table.

“Say that again.” He spat, the male smiled humorlessly before pushing himself upwards.

“She’s just playing you. Better get out of it before things get too deep for you.”

Chanyeol kicked him before he could stand, the bartended panicked at the sight of their boss attacking a guest.

But nobody dared to stop him.

Chanyeol smirked and leaned down.

“I don’t think so, I think you were the one who got played.” He said as he literally picked up Yongguk.

“Men like you don’t deserve to live.” He spat before pushing him against the bar, Chanyeol was about to send his fist toward his face.

“Wait!” A pair of arms circled around his waist, Chanyeol halted.

Yongguk was grinning despite his bloody lip, then Ara arrived.

“Director!” She rushed to her boss; her eyes went to Chanyeol’s bloody fist.

“Take him away.” Chanyeol spoke, two guards appeared and pulled Yongguk away from him.

Ara stared at him before following her boss, then Chanyeol slowly spun around and faced Byul.

“Park Yeol.” She met his gaze, Chanyeol looked at her.

“Do I seem like a fool to you?”

Byul paused, her eyes widened.

“Of all things you didn’t want to tell me, Byul…What the hell were you thinking?”

“Yeol, I didn’t want to cause~”

“I’m not stupid, and I’m not weak either.”

“Chanyeol~” She reached for his arm, but he pulled back.

 

“Dont…Just don’t.” He stated before walking away.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++