042

Superbad

 

2 months later

 

 

Byul walked in the building, with her secretary and three directors following behind her. Her hair was in a tight ponytail and she was clad in Balmain suit and a pair of Giuseppe Zanotti stilettos.

“So, we’re moving on with the new development plan?” She spoke, one of the directors nodded.

“We had the surveyors check the plant last week, chairman.”

“That’s good to hear, make sure we implement safety rules for the employees first before we start anything.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

Hanbyul removed her safety helmet and set down on the table. She dismissed the directors and looked at her secretary.

“I will be in Guangzhou for the weekend.”

“But the awards ceremony,”

“It’s just a magazine awarding me for doing my job, it’s sounds ridiculous. I’m just doing what I have to do.”

“Still, ma’am, it’s good publicity.”

“It’s what vain people do.” She muttered, the male smiled at her.

“Did Kris say something about it?” She sighed as he picked up her purse and handed it to her.

“He thinks it would benefit, well let me quote him, it would benefit Byul’s journey to wellness.”

Hanbyul rolled her eyes as they waited for the car.

“Doctor Zhang will come pick you up at the loft, ma’am.”

“Fine, you take the rest of the day off. I’m not going back to the office after this.” She patted his shoulder before going to the car.

 

 

“Blue Dragon Awards.” Sehun read in his broken Mandarin, Kai looked up. They were having lunch with Chanyeol and Suho.

“She’s being awarded for being this top female CEO something. I give up.” Sehun tossed the Chinese newspaper on the table; Suho chuckled and picked it up.

“Well, written here, Byul’s being acknowledge for her performance as CEO of Wu Industries and for being an environmentalist, humanitarian and being..awesome.” Suho nodded along, seeing Chanyeol’s reaction, he chose to shut his mouth.

“But, hyung, still no word from her?” Kai asked carefully Chanyeol looked up.

He didn’t reply instead, he just forked on his pasta.

“I hope she gets back soon, she seems better. Although, she’s never spotted at any party there.” Sehun nodded.

Suho cleared his throat.

“Right, how are things with Songhee and the case?” Suho asked the younger male.

“Yongguk got sentenced for , violence against women and fraud last week.” Chanyeol spoke in his usual monotone.

“That’s good then.” Suho nodded awkwardly, he looked at his two friends for help.

Kai just exhaled and looked at the paper with Byul’s photo.

“But, hyung, how did you find out about Yongguk? Just Songhee?” Kai asked.

“Yes, let’s stop talking about it.” Chanyeol said curtly before picking up his drink.

 

 

Hanbyul yawned as she stepped in her loft, she heard someone moving about in the kitchen.

“Luhan.” She sighed as she took off her heels and padded towards the kitchen, Luhan and Lay were hunched over the oven.

“Hi.” Lay gave her a toothy smile, Byul flinched.

“What did you do?” Her eyes narrowed.

“Roasted chicken with potatoes.” Luhan cheered as he walked to her and gave her big hug.

It was all part of their exercise now, it took some time for Byul to stop herself from cringing away every time he did it, but by now, she also wrapped her arms around him.

“I hope you made tons, I’m hungry.”

“We know, how was Chengdu?”

“I just visited the new plants and the old one, renovation is on going.” She replied as she lifted herself on the counter, Lay switched on the wall-mounted television.

“Oh,” Luhan was surprised.

“KBS’s ribbon cutting ceremony in Jeju.” Lay nodded, Byul looked at the screen, Tao was facing the media as he approached the large ribbon, then he appeared.

Byul paused, her fingers stopped moving on the counter, but she just stared at him.

Chanyeol was clad in a navy pinstripe suit and a slim white tie as he smiled at the other executives. He faced Tao and gestured for them to step forward.

Byul let out a shaky breath and turned away just as the two cut the ribbon.

“Byul, I know you miss him. And by him, I don’t mean Zitao. Nobody misses him.” Luhan stated.

“You should at least call.” Lay said softly. Byul just shook her head and went down from the counter.

“Hanbyul,”

“He’s mad at me, and..I don’t know, ge, I don’t know.”

 

 

Mark stretched as he stepped into their house, he could hear Saehee in the living room, watching replays of Supergirl.

His phone started to ring.

“Mark?” Byul’s face appeared on the screen, he grinned at her.

“Wow, finally you call.”

“I’m just checking on my sister, how is she? How’s the baby?”

“Both are healthy. Your nephew is very healthy.”

Byul’s smile widened.

I miss the two of you…or three.” She blinked, Mark chuckled.

Still no plans coming home? Or..you could visit us here, mom mentioned that she wanted to see you.

Can’t, too busy.” She stated, Mark could see that she was in the kitchen.

Are you~

No, Luhan and Lay are here for dinner. I’m not alone, don’t worry.

That’s what I’m worried about. You’re supposed to be alone, tabloids have been talking about you and Luhan or was it Lay? Anyway,~

Goodbye, Mark. I’m happy everyone’s okay.

Hwang Hanbyul~

Bye, brother-in-law.” She gave him a wave before ending the call, Mark just sighed and put his phone down.

 

 

Byul untied her hair and left her phone on her desk, she plopped down on her bed and opened her laptop.

She chewed on her bottom lip as the page loaded, then she paused as the homepage opened.

Her brows met.

There was a photo of Chanyeol being interviewed by a business magazine. Byul’s fingers hovered above the keyboard. Her eyes browsed through the article.

There was no mention of the issue he had with BH Group and with her.

She heard the door open, Lay was looking at her pensively.

“Byul,~”

“Why does he always have to look so good?” She sighed, Lay looked at her and rolled his eyes.

“Hurry up and change, chicken’s almost done.” Byul nodded and padded towards the bathroom. Lay sighed and glanced at the computer’s screen.

 

“Not falling for that, little star.” He murmured before going back to the kitchen.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++