015

Superbad

 

 

“What? You’re working~” Kris trailed off, confused and annoyed.

“I didn’t know it was going to be him.” Byul stated as she tapped her fingers on the table, they were both waiting for her takeout.

“What happened?” Kris’s tone was soft.

“I..ran away.” Her eyes went to her hands, Kris sighed and nodded.

“How….Why were you out?”

“I’m here to get something to eat, Chanyeol~”

Kris looked up as Chanyeol approached their table.

 

“You walked out without your coat.” Chanyeol said, he dropped the piece of clothing on the chair beside her.

His eyes went to Kris briefly, then he faced Byul.

“I’ll see you at home.”

Kris’s brows rose in intrigue, before he was able to turn away, Byul reached for his hand.

Kris grew more intrigued.

“Let’s wait together. And this is my friend.” She gestured towards Kris, while her hand was still on his arm.

“We met in school in Beijing. And I’m still figuring out how he got his car in here in such a short time.” She muttered, but she nodded.

“Kris, this is Park Chanyeol, we’ve been friends since we were kids.” She smiled.

“And you live with him.” Kris clarified, Byul nodded as Kris stood up and offered his hand.

Chanyeol nodded back and shook his hand.

“Sit down.” Byul tugged on his sleeve before sitting down, Chanyeol followed.

“How did you get Goldie here? That fast?”

“Luhan.” Kris replied simply, Byul nodded.

“Did you get the egg tarts?”

“That and Tao sent something for you. He misses you.” Kris nodded, he noticed how Byul was slightly leaning on Chanyeol as she spoke.

“Are you hungry? I asked them to be a little quick.” She faced him, her fingers on the sleeve of his jacket.

Kris noticed how his usually tensed friend was comfortable with the male, his lips quirked up.

“I’m okay, wear this.” Chanyeol pushed the jacket to her, careful not to touch her shoulder, she placed it on her lap.

Kris paused.

Does he know?

“Anyway, I need to go. I’ll see you…” Kris trailed off and he stood up.

“Tomorrow.” Byul finished off, Kris grinned and he kissed her cheek before leaving.

 

 

 

Chanyeol blinked, clueless. Kris, her friend, she was fine with him touching her first. He chewed on his lower lip, remembering her scar.

Kris knows about what happened to Byul, that was the only explanation he could think of. It explains why the two are close.

“I’m sorry.” A soft voice made him look up, they were walking back to the building.

“What?” Yeol asked, disoriented.

“I must have caused a lot of trouble because of what I did earlier, he contract~”

“You didn’t, you weren’t feeling well and you went home, Byul. Nothing to apologize over.”

He saw her brows furrow.

“But…can I ask~”

“No.” She faced him, Chanyeol stopped.

“You can’t ask.” She finished before facing ahead.

“Byul, I just want to know if you’re okay and if nothing’s wrong.” Chanyeol said softly.

Hanbyul chewed on the insides of her cheek, she exhaled.

No, nobody can find out. Especially you, Yeol. I don’t want you to look at me with pity.

“I’m okay, nothing’s wrong.” She faced him, Chanyeol offered his free hand to her. She smiled and took it.

“Still, I know I made you worry, mian.” She whispered before hugging him tightly.

Chanyeol blinked.

Its just Chanyeol, he’s safe. He wont hurt you, you have to adjust to him too.

Byul pulled back, a small smile was lingering on her face.

 

 

Chanyeol stepped out of his room around seven in the morning, he found Byul in the kitchen, clad in a shirt and a pair of shorts.

“I forgot to tell you,” He started, his drowsy voice startling her.

“I already signed the contract with BH Group,”

Byul paused but she nodded, Chanyeol smiled drowsily.

“If you want to review before signing anything, I left it on my desk upstairs, and your sister called last night.” He pulled himself up on the counter as he chewed on an apple.

“I wont like what she said, huh?” Byul asked as she poured coffee on a mug and handed it to him.

“We have a party to attend, and you have to come as my date.”

“Huh.” Byul plopped beside him and took a long sip from her mug.

“Is it okay if I ditch work today? It’s a Saturday and I don’t feel so good.” She asked, Chanyeol looked at her, her ability to bounce back amazed him. Last night she seemed so down and afraid, but now she was back to being her usual self.

“It’s okay.” He nodded, resisting the urge to touch her face and ask her why she had a scar on her waist.

“Thanks, you’re the best!” She kissed his cheek before running of the living room.

Chanyeol shook his head and puffed his cheeks.

“That..I have to get used to.” He murmured before grabbing a slice of toast.

 

 

Byul was lying on the couch, she was watching the morning news when she heard the doorbell.

“Park Yeol?” She called, no responde came.

“He must be in the shower.” She stated as stood up and walked towards the front door. She yanked the door open without much thought then she balked.

“G—Good morning, Ara-ssi.” She sputtered.

“What were you yelling for?” A deep voice came from behind her, Byul saw Ara’s eyes widen. Byul turned and winced, Yeol had a towel wrapped around his waist as he walked to them.

Just a towel.

Dressed in nothing but a towel.

Byul looked at her friend and at the girl.

“Uhmm, I wanted to talk to Chanyeol.” Ara looked away, uncomfortable but her tone was firm.

“S—Sure.” Byul nodded, but as soon as she spun around, she was blocked by Chanyeol, her nose almost touching his chest.

“If this is because of work, we have the office.” He said, Byul had no choice but to turn around, facing Shin Ara again.

“I didn’t come here for work, Chanyeol…I want to apologize. I want to talk to you.”

Byul could feel how Chanyeol felt uncomfortable with the girl standing on their doorstep. She chewed on her lip, looking for a solution.

An escape.

“We have nothing to talk about, Ara. I already told you~” Chanyeol stopped when Byul faced him. He wasn’t aware that he was standing so close to her.

“Is something wrong?” She asked, her eyes widening. Chanyeol blinked at her.

“Director Hwang, I would like to speak with him for a bit.” Ara intervened again, Byul was looking up at Chanyeol.

“Kiss me.” She mouthed.

Chanyeol balked at her.

“Kiss me.” She mouthed again, before Chanyeol could react, she reached for his neck and pulled him down to press her lips against his.

Then Byul started to push him back while still kissing him, Chanyeol didn’t know what to do, and then he heard the door close behind Byul. It was then she pulled back and let him go.

“See? An escape.” She spoke, Chanyeol stared at her.

“Hwang Byul~”

 

“She’ll probably think we’re ing, but I’m sure she wont talk.” She shrugged.

“Go and get dressed, you can thank me later.” She said before going to her room.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++