029

Superbad

 

Byul looked up as her secretary stepped in her office.

“Here are the files you asked for, vice president.”

She nodded and pulled the files closer to her, then she paused as the male lingered about.

“Anything else?” She smiled at him.

“Ah, yes, you see, president Park has not come back yet and he is supposed to attend a conference.”

“Chanyeol’s not back yet? From lunch?” She blinked before glancing at clock.

It was already three in the afternoon.

“Yes.” The male nodded, troubled.

“Okay, have the car ready.”

“Yes, vice president.”

The male exited the room, Byul’s brows met as she leaned back on her seat.

 

 

 

“This is getting too…big.”

Byul rolled her eyes from the other line; her older sister was on the phone.

“It will pass, unnie. With Chanyeol cutting off the contract, and threatening anyone who will spread false~”

“I know, but still, eomma and appa are coming over to check on you.”

“I don’t know, I still have to talk to your friend.” She said dryly.

“You still haven’t asked him?”

Byul paused, they still haven’t come up with a cover story.

“I tried..but he’s a little busy.” Byul spoke as the car pulled over at the hotel’s curb.

“Unnie, I’ll call you back. I have a thing to take care of.”

 

 

Byul puffed her cheeks as she checked her phone, she had just met two directors from KBS and a few managers from talent companies. And she felt a little awkward; she didn’t even know their names.

“So much for adjustment.” She nodded to herself, she walked towards the buffet table and picked up a strawberry tart.

“Vice president.”

“Why? Another person to greet?” She sighed at her secretary, the male chuckled.

“No, I’m just here to say that we can go now.”

“Then I’ll see you at the lobby.”

Her secretary nodded before leaving, Byul took out her phone and stepped out of the room. She made her way to the elevator and paused when she felt someone staring at her. She looked up and gasped.

“Imo(Aunt)!”

 

 

“Does he come home late often?”

Byul set the tray down before the elder and shook her head.

“No, I haven’t seen him since..lunch.” Byul nodded as she poured tea for Chanyeol’s mother.

“I heard from your mother that she asked Chanyeol to let you live with him, were you sick? Is something troubling you, dear?”

“I’m not sick, imo. I..just don’t feel comfortable living alone at our house, and this place is closer to work.” Byul smiled before offering the cup to her.

“How is my son?” She asked her, Byul could see guilt and worry on the elder’s eyes. Her brows met, not knowing what to answer.

“Hanbyul, please don’t lie to me.”

Byul looked up.

“…Actually, he didn’t tell me much. But I know..he’s hurt, and he misses you, imo.”

The lady nodded, tears pooling on her eyes.

“How is his relationship with his father?”

“…It’s not good~”

The front door opened, they both looked up.

“Hwang Byul? Do you want to eat out? We can stop by at ~” Chanyeol halted as his eyes went to his mother.

“Chanyeol-ah.” She stood up, Chanyeol stopped, his eyes widened. Byul stood up, she picked up her jacket from the chair and quietly left the unit.

 

 

Byul picked at her ramen, her eyes were on her phone’s screen. There were tons of articles talking about her, Chanyeol and Yongguk.

“A love triangle? Bite me.” She muttered darkly as she picked up her chopsticks then she yelped when she felt someone bite her shoulder.

“You asked for it.” Chanyeol muttered through his teeth, his voice muffled then, he chuckled as she pulled away.

“What are you, five?” She stated darkly as she wiped his saliva off her jacket, he grinned and sat across her.

“Is this dinner?” He asked skeptically as he eyes her instant ramen.

“It looks like it.” She shrugged at him, Chanyeol took her chopsticks and fed himself.

“How was it? What did imo say?”

She noticed how his brows furrowed.

“Never mind, you don’t need to~”

“She apologized, she apologized for going away, cutting off contact and for coming back just now.” He said without looking up. Byul gave him a small smile before reaching for his hand.

“That’s good, then. You missed her.”

He just shrugged and finished off her ramen.

“Ya!” She complained and grabbed the bowl from him.

“Let’s go get some real food in you.” He said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her.

“How was the blind date?” Byul asked as she kept pace with him, Chanyeol gave her a nonchalant shrug.

“Was it fun?” She pressed.

“We just ate, what do you mean fun?”

Byul made a face, Chanyeol glanced at her.

“What?”  She snapped at him.

 

“Nothing.” He brushed off as they walked.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++