041

Superbad

 

 

Chanyeol leaned back on his seat, his fingers was gently tapping on his desk as he looked at the screen. His secretary was standing by his side, with a pensive look on his face.

The news anchor was going on about Bang Yongguk’s immediate arrest just last night. Also, the news did not fail to point out BH Group’s lack of compliance during the their employee was being summoned.

Chanyeol just watched expressionlessly, it was just two days ago when he called his uncles and DA’s office and now BH Group was already on the brink of bankruptcy and the court accepted all cases against Yongguk.

“At this point, he wont be able to get a strong defense team.” His secretary spoke, Chanyeol nodded and stood up. He slipped on his coat and glanced at the male.

“That’s the point. Send me the details about my next meeting.” He spoke before leaving the room, his secretary sighed as soon as he left.

It had been a week since Byul had left, and his boss’s old side was back.

He was cold and unfeeling again.

 

 

Byul turned away from the iPad, Lay smiled at her as the doctor entered the room.

“How is she doing?” Lay face doctor Liu.

“We did some exercises and young miss decided not to take any medicine.” He replied, Byul grinned.

“Really? That’s good.” Yixing nodded.

“But, I suggest going out in crowded places will be helpful for you.”

“I do that~”

“I mean, without clutching onto doctor Zhang’s arm for protection, just like what you did at the airport.”

Byul nodded, her lips pursed.

“It’s all part of the adjustment, bao bei.” Lay teased, doctor Liu laughed.

“Then, thank you, doctor. I’ll see you next week.” Byul stood up and shook his hand before leaving with Lay.

 

 

“I heard about what your friend did.” Lay started as they entered the elevator.

“Friend?”

“Park Chanyeol-ssi.”

Byul didn’t reply, Yixing grinned.

“It wont even take a month before he ends up in jail.” Lay stated as the doors opened, Luhan was waiting for them with open arms.

“Jail? In just a month? Those things take a lot of time.” She explained, brushing down the lint off her white pants as they approached Luhan.

“Your friend..do you not know his family well?” Lay sounded confused, Byul didn’t reply as an overly eager Luhan hugged her.

“Ah, Chanyeol?” Luhan chuckled.

“What?” Byul pulled away from him.

“They’re a very political family, his connections~”

“His uncles.” Byul blinked, the two nodded.

“But he’s not the type to do that, he refuses to use his connections.” Byul said as they walked towards the waiting car.

“Kris ge called, he said your friend is worse than an angry Luhan.” Lay noted.

Byul didn’t reply she just approached the car and got in wordlessly.

 

 

“I have to say, I am impressed.” Saehee said as she offered her hand to Kris.

“I’m just doing my best, just like your sister.” Kris said politely and took her hand.

“Ever since you took our spot, sales have gone up, and PR is not so bad.”

“Tao takes care of the PR.” Kris nodded, his eyes went to the waiting car.

“You’re leaving today?” He asked her.

“Yes, Byul mentioned this to you, right?” She asked.

“She did. She was worried no one would be left here at HwangSae.”

“Kris, I don’t know how to thank you enough, my family~”

“I’m just returning the favor. Wu Industries…was at the brink of losing everything when Hanbyul offered to help me.”

“..What?”

“I’m sure you heard that she was an executive at my company before?” Kris asked her.

“Ani, she said it was just an internship or something, she did it for her studies.”

“An internship, no.” Kris shook his head repetitively.

“I was having some problems back then, I couldn’t take my position seriously, in other words, our company almost fell because of me. But, she stepped in, and told me that if I’d let her, she’d try to fix things. And we’ve just been friends for over a year that time. So, she took some time off school and started to handle Wu Industries on her own, but all work was credited to me.”

“So, she..”

“For an amount of time, I was greatly dependent on her. If it weren’t for her, my family would have lost everything. That’s why I’m doing this.”

Saehee didn’t know what to say.

“And I really hope she gets well and comes back. Not just because I could go back, but for herself.”

“Did she tell you something before she left?”

 

“Ani, but one time she called me, and she was drunk. She was crying over Chanyeol. It hurt her that she had to leave him.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++