017

Superbad

 

 

Kris pulled away from Yongguk and followed to where Byul had run off to, he was about to call her when he saw Chanyeol looking at his friend.

“Is something wrong?” He asked carefully, Kris saw how she struggled, trying to stop herself from running away again.

 Trying to stop herself from breaking down.

Kris chewed on his lip, worry etched on his face.

Then he tensed when Chanyeol started to move forward. Kris’s eyes darted to Byul’s face, but she didn’t react when Chanyeol wrapped one arm around her and pulling her to him.

She had tensed briefly, but she just let Chanyeol hug her.

Kris smiled before walking back to the party.

 

 

Byul pulled back, Chanyeol let his hands drop to his sides.

“Feeling better?” He asked her, she looked up and nodded.

Then she paused, Chanyeol had seen her break down three times already, and yet he never asked. Her brows met as she looked up to meet his gaze.

“Shall we go back in? Or….” He trailed off, waiting for to speak. She smiled and patted down her hair.

“If I don’t go back there, unnie will yell at me.” She nodded, Chanyeol nodded and offered his palm.

Byul smiled and took it.

 

 

“What was that? Do you know BH Group’s CEO?” Sehun asked as they reached them, Chanyeol felt Byul tense beside him.

“We’re working with him for a show in KBS. It’s a pretty big account.” Chanyeol replied, Mark grinned at his friend.

What?” Byul sighed before taking a drink from a waiter passing by.

“I rarely see you at events, reminds me of the good old days.” Mark mused, Chanyeol chuckled.

“Right, you and Mark hyung were the troublemakers.” Sehun nodded, then a male had approached Byul. He cleared his throat and tapped her shoulder.

Chanyeol glanced, his brows met briefly.

 

 

Byul looked at Kris, his fingers had wrapped around her wrist tightly.

“What?” She asked, letting go of Chanyeol.

“Help.” He muttered, she glanced behind her, a lot of people were wanting to speak with him. She chuckled before facing her friends.

“I’ll be back~”

“I’ll drive her home.” Kris intercepted before pulling him with her, Chanyeol stared at the two.

“Okay…so..who?” Sehun asked, Mark looked at the male.

“He looks familiar.” Mark murmured. They heard Chanyeol exhale and finish his drink in one shot.

“Hey, you.” Saehee arrived and slapped his arm, Chanyeol eyed her warily.

“What’s with the sour face?” She looked at him, Sehun grinned.

“Byul?” She looked around.

“Hanbyul was swooped away by a friend of hers..I think.” Mark gestured towards to where Byul was chatting with the tall handsome male.

 

 

“Why is he here?” She asked with a sigh, Kris shrugged.

“Happy new year, Byul.” Kris mused, trying to divert her attention.

“I know, year of the monkey it is.”

Kris smiled, admiring how she was still somehow calm and had the strength to snap at him despite of what happened earlier.

“You got better, Byul. That’s nice.” He reached for her hand, she smiled.

“Chanyeol saw me at my worst. I had to get my act straight. Or else..they’ll find out.” Kris looked at her hand and frowned.

“Don’t talk as if it was your fault.” He let go of her hand, his phone beeped. Byul’s eyes went to the screen and she rolled her eyes. Kris smirked at her.

“A race? You just got here.”

“I have lots of friends.” Kris mused before leaning over to kiss her forehead.

“You sure you’ll be okay? He’s still here.” He asked softly, she nodded.

“I’ll go look for my sister, take care.”

 

 

“Why is she here? Ew.” Saehee spat as her eyes went to the doors, Kai followed her gaze and snorted.

“What’s with you?” Byul asked as she approached them, she glanced behind her.

“You know Shin Ara?” She continued, Byul noticed Mark’s grin.

“What? You don’t know her?” Saehee asked, her nose scrunched up.

“I do…The project and..Chanyeol’s ex.” Byul replied, her eyes roamed the room in search for Chanyeol.

“That woman…I hate her. Is it possible to get her out of that project?” Saehee rolled her eyes.

“Why is she so angry?” Byul looked at Kai then at Mark.

“When they were still dating, Ara had asked Chanyeol’s best friend to stay away from him. And who is Chanyeol’s closest lady friend?” Mark queried with a smile.

“Oh.” Byul blinked at her sister.

“Chanyeol and I fought a lot because of that two timing bi~”

“I get it, I get it.” Byul winced at her sister’s temper, Kai laughed. Her eyes landed on Chanyeol across the room, he was talking with one of KBS’s directors and Yongguk.

Her ex-boyfriend.

The man she never wanted to see.

She felt her chest constrict and her lips quivered.

I should get out of here.

She looked up only to find Chanyeol staring back at her.

“I’ll go ahead.” She mouthed, his brows rose.

She turned to her sister and Mark.

“Unnie, I kind of have to go. I already showed my face.” She pleaded. Saehee narrowed her eyes at her sister.

“You know this isn’t my thing. And I’d rather have a Saturday night in bed, preferably reading.”

She bumped fists with Mark before stepping out of the hall.

 

 

Byul whipped out her phone as she exited the hall, then she heard someone call her name.

“Oh..Ara-ssi.” She paused, Ara was looking at her with a small smile.

“I just wanted to ask you,”

Byul nodded.

“Are you and…president Park seeing each other?”

Well, we live under one roof. I basically see him everyday, almost 24/7.

She wanted to smile, here was the girl who hurt Chanyeol so bad, but Byul could also see the regret in her eyes. As much as she felt annoyed for what she did to her friend, she knew she was in no place to tell her off.

“Actually..I just did it to escape that awkward situation, sorry if it made you feel uncomfortable.” Byul opened up, she saw Ara pause but the girl nodded.

“I’ve known~”

“Where are you going? Are you going off alone again?” A deep voice made her freeze, Byul winced.

“Ara-ssi wanted to talk to you.” Byul looked at him before he could react, she reached for his hand.

“I really need to get some reading done at home, so I’ll go ahead.” Byul met his dark gaze meaningfully, Chanyeol’s brows furrowed.

 

“Just talk to her, I’ll see you at home.” She said as she placed a chaste kiss on his cheek before walking towards the elevator.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++