011

Superbad

 

 

BH Group’s side started to explain their plans of development; Chanyeol’s father was accommodating and asked questions, while his son chose to remain quiet.

Byul just kept glancing at her watch and at the file before her.

“But, you two, aren’t you being too quiet? Miss Shin came earlier to present this.”

Chanyeol looked up.

“It’s just the meeting was moved without prior notice, so we weren’t expecting to be having this unexpected presentation.” He spoke, his tone colder than usual.

Byul peeled her eyes away from the documents.

“Then, Miss Shin, since you want to start the show with a special story from Iceland..” Byul glanced at the file again.

“Have you chosen particular tourist spots?” She asked.

“Yes, we have. Our director will be here to explain in detail, chairman.” The lady replied amiably.

“That’s good, then, samchon?” She faced the elder.

“Since I can handle this meeting, it’s okay for Chanyeol to go first, right? He has a lunch appointment still.” Byul smiled before looking at her friend.

“Hmm, it’s okay.” The elder replied.

“I’ll take care of this, then go.” Hanbyul turn to his friend, she saw the lady across her look away.

“Okay.” He said before leaving the room.

 

 

 

Chanyeol shut the door behind him, his forehead creased before he made his way to his office.

Shin Ara, why did you have to come back?

He loosened his tied as he got in his office, he stood by the windows and crossed his arms.

“So, you’re not even going to deny this?”

“Chanyeol~”

“What did I do wrong? Did I lack something? Ara~”

“I’m sorry, Chanyeol-ah. I..I never had feelings for you, I’m sorry for leading you on like this.”

He exhaled and ran his fingers through his hair.

 

 

Byul shook Ara’s hand before the lady entered the elevator. She turned and saw Chanyeol’s father giving her a wave before going with his assistant.

She shrugged, then she felt her phone vibrating.

“So you finally remember I’m still alive.” She mused.

I..Are you okay?” Kris sounded odd, she paused.

I am, why?

No..I just heard you started working.” He said lightly.

I have, but~” She saw Chanyeol leave his office, her brows rose as he rushed to the elevator.

Byul chewed on her lip.

“Ya, I’ll call you back.”

 

 

Chanyeol pulled her hand before she could reach the car, Ara faced him.

“Chanyeol-ah.” She was stunned.

“Are you doing this on purpose? Why are you here?”

“I was offered to handle this project, my new boss wanted me to take it.”

Chanyeol looked at her.

“But, that…CEO, are you two~”

“Don’t ask about CEO Hwang. Just, do this quickly and leave Seoul.” Chanyeols said before turning away from her.

“I came back for you, Chanyeol.”

He paused; he glanced at her and shook his head.

“There’s nothing to come back to.”

“Chanyeol-ah, give me another chance. What happened back then~”

“Chance?” Chanyeol faced her.

“I loved you, Shin Ara, but you stabbed me in the back. You left me when I needed you most. So, it’s over.”

 

 

 

Byul leaned back against the warm seats; she took out her phone and dialed.

“Oh, Byul?” Chanyeol answered.

“I might be a little late, I have to pick up something at the airport,” She said carefully.

“Okay, I’ll see you then.” He said simply.

Her brows met again.

“Yeol.”

“Hm?”

“Then, don’t cook anything, I’ll bring something over. Okay?”

“Arasso.”

Just what happened Yeol?

 

The car pulled over in front of the arrivals area, she slid down from the Rolls Royce and made her way to the airport.

There’s nothing to come back to.”

“Chanyeol-ah, give me another chance. What happened back then~”

“Chance?”

“I loved you, Shin Ara, but you stabbed me in the back. You left me when I needed you most. So, it’s over.”

Hanbyul shook her head, she knew she shouldn’t have listened, but Chanyeol would never say anything. The moment she met Chanyeol again she knew something had changed in him; he wasn’t his usual cheery self. And it saddened her, she felt bad that she wasn’t there for him.

“Miss Hwang Hanbyul?” An airport crew approached her.

“Your pet is at the quarantine office, come with me.”

 

 

Kris placed the paper on his desk, he closed his eyes briefly.

“BH Group?” He asked.

“Yes, president. We just found out now. Miss Hanbyul will be working with them, she has full control over that project.”

Kris mentally cursed.

“And she doesn’t know yet? She…hasn’t met him yet?” He faced his assistant, worry could be seen in his eyes.

“Not yet, president. He has not arrived in Seoul yet.”

“Try to fit in a short trip to Seoul in my schedule. I can’t let her have a breakdown again. There’s way too many eyes on her.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++