021

Superbad

 

 

Saehee sighed as the doctor spoke to her husband, Chanyeol was seated on one of the vinyl seats, and worry was etched in his handsome features.

“What happened?” She rushed to her husband as the doctor left.

“Doctor Song said that she might have collapsed due to some traumatic stress, they want to give her medication but,” Mark paused, Chanyeol looked up.

“They tried calling her previous hospital, the one in China, to ask for her history, but they wouldn’t give it.” Mark said, clearly he was confused just like them.

“They wont give them her records? Why?” Saehee blinked.

“Her physician wouldn’t release it, he said we should contact Kris Wu first.” Mark stated, he chewed on his lip and leaned against the wall.

Chanyeol paused.

“Kris?” He echoed, Mark nodded.

“He’s a friend of Byul’s, from China.” Mark stated.

“You know this guy?” Saehee queried.

“I spoke to him over the phone over two years ago, that time during Byul’s car accident.”

“Huh, but why is the physician being so~”

They heard someone walking towards them, Saehee tilted her head as she looked at him.

Kris, right?” Mark cleared his throat and approached the male. Chanyeol looked at the male and nodded back at him.

“I heard about Byul, is she~”

“I’m assuming the hospital called you too. Beijing Medical?”

Kris halted, his jaw tightened briefly.

“We need Byul’s medical records, we have to know what to give her.” Mark explained, Kris’s brows met briefly. Saehee grew infuriated.

“Are you hiding something? Why are you not talking?”

Chanyeol stood up and took her hand to stop her from getting angry.

“Byul….ask her first, or…let me see her.”

 

 

Byul was sitting on the bed, her back was against the headboard as she stared at her fingers.

Doctor Jiu called me, your brother-in-law wanted a copy of your medical history.

Kris saw her flinch; he slid the doors close behind him and sat across her.

“He…He was there….He..was touching me, Kris. I thought…I thought..” She closed her eyes, Kris’s brows met.

“Byul, I swear to God, did he~”

“No, Chanyeol..he came, but the feeling of his hands on me…I..didn’t know it would come to this.” She let out a shaky breath.

“Hey, at least you’re not crying now.” Kris stood up and sat beside her, she shook her head.

“Still.”

“What should I do? Your records.”

“Don’t…Don’t release them, I’ll speak with Mark. I’ll persuade him that I’m fine.”

Kris nodded and kissed her cheek.

“Then, I’ll make calls, rest.” Kris said before exiting the room.

 

 

Chanyeol was standing by the door, his eyes were on the wall across him but his ears were alert.

“He…He was there….He..was touching me, Kris. I thought…I thought..”

“Byul, I swear to God, did he~”

“No, Chanyeol..he came, but the feeling of his hands on me…I..didn’t know it would come to this.”

His brows rose in shock.

Did something happen to Byul?

“What should I do? Your records.”

“Don’t…Don’t release them, I’ll speak with Mark. I’ll persuade him that I’m fine.”

He straightened up when he heard the doors slide open, Kris glanced at him.

“Hanbyul, she’s not okay.”

“I know that.” Chanyeol’s tone was edgy, Kris’s lips quirked up.

“She trusts you. Please, watch over her.” He said before leaving the other male, Chanyeol glared at his retreating figure before going inside the room.

Kris smiled as he turned his back to Chanyeol.

I may not be able to tell you, but you have to find out.

 

 

“What? We can’t buy them?” Saehee balked, Mark hushed her.

“That hospital is owned by the Wus, Byul happens to be their VVIP, one of their six VVIPs.”

“I don’t get it, I am family. How can I not have her records? It’s not like I’ll broadcast it all over the globe.” She spat, Mark sighed and opened his arms to her.

“This…I think something happened to Byul in China, Sae.”

I know, a car accident. She was admitted for almost six months.

No…I don’t think it was just a car accident.” Mark replied as she hugged him back.

“If it’s just something like that, why is it so hard to get her records?”

Saehee exhaled.

“She doesn’t even talk to Chanyeol, this worries me.” Mark spoke again.

“I’m pretty sure Kris knows everything, but he wont talk too. Something happened to my sister and it hurts me that I don’t know how to help her.”

 

 

Byul looked up as the door opened.

“You want something to drink?” Chanyeol asked as he sat on the sofa across her bed.

“I’m sorry, did I delay the meeting?” She shook her head before speaking. Her voice was soft, she sounded wounded. And it just worried him more.

“No, I have director Kim’s team handling it now.” He replied.

“Ah, Jin.” Byul nodded, Chanyeol smiled.

“Are you feeling better now? You’re a little pale.” He stated. Byul nodded at him.

“Byul….what happened back there?”

He saw her smile, but it was clear to him that she was formulating another lie.

“I must have forgotten to eat lunch again.”

But you ate with Mark.

Chanyeol nodded. She slowly slid down from her bed, not taking the time to wear her slippers. Chanyeol scooted over as she sat beside him.

“About this project…..Can…I not take part?”

Chanyeol paused and looked at her.

“It’s…never mind. Forget that I said that.” She said before pulling her legs up and leaning against his side. His brows met briefly but he just let her lean on him.

What’s bothering you, Byul?

“So, Bali?” He asked, Byul snorted.

“The Tuans have it all planned out, have the baby in the US, and leave Byul to manage the businesses.”

Chanyeol smiled as she ranted, Byul just sighed before placing her chin on his shoulder and looking at his face.

“I can’t say that my life , yours more.” She spoke, Chanyeol looked at her questioningly.

“You finally become a prosecutor but you were dragged back to become CEO.” She smiled before pulling away.

“We’re both victims, baby doll.” He mused.

“You haven’t called me that since we were twelve.” She nodded, her smile stunning Chanyeol for a moment.

“Thanks for existing, Park Yeol.” She said before leaning against him again, Chanyeol just smiled and took her hand in his.

“You’ll tell me what’s wrong, right?..In the future, you’ll tell me.”

Byul paused, she looked at her hand that was now hidden is his large one.

“Maybe.” She murmured before closing her eyes. Chanyeol just pulled her closer to make her more comfortable, he lifted his feet to the coffee table in front of him.

Byul mumbled before her head landed on his chest, Chanyeol shook his head with a smile as he took out his phone.

“There’s a bed over there, Byul.” He said softly.

“But this feels more warm, I like warm.” She smiled drowsily.

“But, are you free tomorrow?”

“I can be.” Chanyeol replied as he checked the Internet, Byul looked up, her chin leaning on his chest.

Yeol looked at her, a little nervous at how close her face was to his.

“I promised to give Kris a tour tomorrow, can you come with us? I can’t play tour guide, I’m basically a tourist too.” She opened up, but her eyes were already droopy. He could not help but smile.

“Arasso, for now, just go to sleep. What did they make you take?”

“Something to help me sleep.” She yawned again before pressing her cheek on his chest.

“Night, night, Byul.”

As soon as he heard her breathing slow down, Chanyeol slowly stood up, careful not to jostle her. He grabbed a blanket and draped it around her sleeping figure. His brows met as he looked at Byul.

 

“I don’t know what happened but..I”ll protect you.” He whispered as he knelt down and kissed her forehead.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++