009

Superbad

 

 

 

“I’m having friends over tonight.” Chanyeol said, it was a late Friday afternoon when he stepped in his unit, Byul was at the living room, reading through some files, clad in nothing but a pair of Nike shorts and a thing top.

“Friends? Sehun too?”

Chanyeol nodded, Sehun and Byul were in the same class in high school and both got along well, really well.

“How is Suho oppa doing? I miss Joonma.” She grinned as she closed her laptop.

“He said he wants to see you.” Chanyeol replied, by now he was used to Byul’s preference of wearing less when at home.

“But, Park Chanyeol.” She stood up and followed him.

“What?” Yeol asked as they stepped in his room, he tossed his jacket away and laid flat on his bed.

“You’re not allergic to dogs, right?” She asked as she plopped beside him, Chanyeol nodded.

“Wae? Do you intend to get one?” He asked and glanced at her.

“I already have one, I asked my friend if he can send him over.”

“It’s okay, you don’t need to ask.” He nodded before closing his eyes, Byul smiled before inching closer to him, Chanyeol paused when she inserted herself in his arm with a sleepy smile.

“I know my asking you about your ex made you feel bad, so,” She cleared , Chanyeol grew curious.

She turned to face him, his arm underneath her head.

“I dated someone too, back in China.” She started.

“But things didn’t end well too. And I don’t want to see him ever again.” She nodded and yawned.

“Maybe you broke up because you tend to be too affectionate towards others? Look at you now.” Chanyeol chided and shook his arm, Byul smiled.

“You’re Yeol, no need to be too proper and formal.” She mused before curling into a ball and closing her eyes.

Chanyeol’s brows met and looked at her sleeping form, he just exhaled and let the girl lean her head on his arm.

 

 

Chanyeol looked up from the table as Byul rushed to the front door, he was already chatting with Suho and Minseok.

“Oh Sehun. You’re still alive!”

Chanyeol heard Kai and Baekhyun laugh from the living room. Sehun walked into the unit with Byul hugging him.

“Where’d you get this, hyung?” Sehun asked with false contempt as he appeared by the dining hall. But he chuckled and hugged her back.

Chanyeol grinned.

“So, how was China? I heard you were going out with this bad boy.” Sehun stated as they all sat down.

“Ya, how could you be with another?” Kai frowned, Byul shook her head.

“Bad boy? You mean Kris Wu?” She asked.

“Right, isn’t he the one who’s handling Wu Industries?” Suho leaned over, Chanyeol looked at Byul.

“Yes, he is. But we’re just friends.” She shrugged.

“But, you,” Sehun tried to reach for her hand, but she pulled back. Chanyeol noticed the small movement.

Then she smiled before poking Sehun’s cheek.

She touches you first. You don’t get to touch her first.

“But you look good, Byul. We all missed you.” Minseok grinned at her.

“I miss you too, oppa, Baekhyun oppa too.” She chuckled before leaving the table and walking to the kitchen.

“What’s the deal? You know how to smile now? Or have you finally learned how to smile again?” Kai chuckled, Chanyeol paused.

“What?” He asked.

“Hyung, it’s been a while since you laughed too.” Sehun mused.

“I’m guessing Byul makes things better now.”Suho teased before helping the girl with the food.

 

 

“I actually wonder if I’ll ever be okay.” Byul said as she sat down, she had just finished her short workout at the fitness gym inside the complex.

“Its hard here, Kris. I meet new people everyday, I hang out with my old friends…and I find myself flinching when they want to hug me or…” She sighed.

“You will be okay, Byul. That day will eventually come.” Kris assured.

“So, how are you holding up?”

“Fine, I start work this Monday. I’m assuming you’re spending Sunday at the usual? Please don’t crash Goldie, I love him.” She referred to his gold Lamborghini.

“I wont. Anyway, I drove your kid to airport earlier, he should be there in a few hours.”

“Thanks, shaoye. You should visit me here sometime.”

“I will, bye.” Kris ended the call, Byul felt someone sit beside her, before she could react, Chanyeol dropped a dry face towel on her lap.

“I was looking for you.” He stated as she dabbed her face with the towel.

“Why?”

“I’m going to do some groceries~”

“Can I come?”

Chanyeol stood up and offered his hand to her, she smiled and took it. Chanyeol glanced at the males who were all staring at Byul earlier, he shook his head and grinned at his friend.

 

 

“Have you received the email regarding that new show?” Chanyeol asked.

“Right, those things, I thought we have admin to take care of that.” She stated as they stepped in the mart, Chanyeol grabbed a cart and walked to her.

“We do, but an account as big as this, we need to get involved. And I’m leaving it to you.” He said as Byul walked beside him.

“When are we meeting their side?” She asked.

“Wednesday.” He replied as he reached for a box of cereals, Hanbyul glanced around, her right hand clutching on the sleeve of Chanyeol’s jacket.

“Oh!” She suddenly moved, she ducked and inserted herself between him and the cart.

“Byul, what are you, five?” He blinked, she jutted her lips forwards, he followed the direction.

Chanyeol blinked, it was his ex-girlfriend, and she was standing a few rows away from them.

“If seeing her makes you feel bad, I can help you.” She faced him and patted the lapels of his coat before starting to push the cart forward. Chanyeol just followed her, stunned.

“So, what’s the deal? Seeing as how you pulled me back when you saw her a few days ago.” She asked as she got a pack of cookies. Chanyeol looked down to see her face.

Since when did Hwang Byul get so beautiful?

“Ya?” She looked up, Chanyeol looked away.

“I don’t…want to hurt her, I just..Maybe I’m just hoping that I’d make her feel bad…even just for a bit.”

Byul smiled.

“A little petty, but I like it.” She grinned before picking up another bag of sweets.

Chanyeol smiled and just leaned his chin on her head as they walked.

 

 

Across them, the young lady’s brows met as she watched the two. Chanyeol was laughing as he pushed the cart along with the other girl.  She was grinning as Chanyeol leaned his chin on her head as she read contents of the box she was holding.

 

“But, I came back for you.” She whispered before harshly tossing her bag on the cart.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++