010

Superbad

 

The black Rolls Royce pulled over in front of KBS’ curb, Byul peeked by the windows, her nose scrunched up.

She glanced at Chanyeol beside her, he was reading something on his iPad.

“Director?” The driver spoke, she exhaled. She picked up her Hermes Kelly, Chanyeol looked up and set his iPad down.

“Good luck.” Chanyeol said with a grin.

“They all have them lined up.” She referred to the employees standing by the entrance, all were waiting to welcome her.

“I’ll see you at home.” Yeol leaned over to push the door open, Hanbyul nodded and slid down from the car.

 

 

Heads turned as soon as the the new director and CEO of KBS stepped down from the car, she was dressed in a clean white Dior skirt suit that hugged every curve of her body, her feet were clad in black patent strappy heels.

“Welcome, Director Hwang.” It was her secretary who approached her first, she bowed politely.

“Nice to finally meet you.” Byul said in her usual sweet manner that surprised the girl, but she nodded and gestured for Hanbyul to follow her.

Hanbyul smiled and nodded as the other higher-ranking employees came to greet her, some wanted to shake hands, but she just gave them a polite bow before moving on.

“That was something.” She said as they entered the elevator, her secretary smiled at her.

“Director, your meeting with the BH Group is moved today.”

“That..new show? President Park said it was a big account.” She said as she took the folder from her, the lady nodded.

“Yes, they asked to move the meeting because their director has arrived earlier than expected. Is this okay with you?” She asked.

“Sure. After lunch, right?” She queried as the door opened.

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Don’t call me ma’am, Byul would sound better.” She smiled at the girl before being led to her office.

 

 

The employees were having a blast getting to know their new boss, unlike Chanyeol, she was more open and accommodating. She even invited everyone to have lunch in her office because she ordered too many pizzas.

“I hope we all get along well, as you guys know, I’m kind of new here.” She said as she sipped on her diet soda, she had taken off her blazer and was just wearing her white sleeveless turtleneck top.

“We heard you interned at Wu Industries, what’s it like to work for one of the biggest manufacturing companies in Asia?”

“Well, it was…a bit stressing, my Chinese wasn’t as polished that time, but I pulled through.” She mused.

“Thank you for inviting us over, ma~I mean, Byul.”

She nodded with a playful smile before going back to her seat, and then the doors opened.

The six employees in her room stood up in panic.

 

 

“Byul…Director Hwang?” Chanyeol was surprised to find most of Byul’s team in her office, eating pizza.

“Park Yeol.” She smiled and left her chair; she walked towards him and took his hand. He saw the employees all stare at their hands.

“We were just having lunch, I wanted to know their names and for them not to be afraid of me.” She said with a smile while briefly leaning the side of her head on his arm.

The employees grew uneasy, most of them new that the president can be cold and harsh towards others.

“Scared?”

But he was smiling, and then Byul shrugged.

“But, what brought you here?” She asked.

“We have that meeting in a few minutes, do you think I’d let you go alone?” He chided before getting her blazer from the rack.

“We need to go, you don’t need to come with us.” He then faced Byul’s secretary.

“But we’re still eating, I can’t leave them.” She reasoned, Chanyeol sent her a look.

“It’s just a short meeting, just an introduction. Come now.” Chanyeol offered his hand, keeping in mind not to reach out to her first.

The other all shared looks, some were amazed at how their new boss managed to negotiate with the usual cold and serious Chanyeol, while the others just simply admired her upbeat personality.

 

 

Hanbyul walked a few steps behind Chanyeol as they walked towards one of the conference rooms, then she looked up with a smirk.

“Park Yeol!” She whispered.

He didn’t reply.

“Park Yeol!”

“Park Chanyeol!” She whispered again, Chanyeol glanced at her, amused.

“Yes, Miss Byul?”

She smiled pleasantly.

“Do you still play the drums?” She asked before hooking her arm around his, he nodded.

“I was wondering if~” She paused when Yeol gave her a meaningful look as they reached a door. She let go of him.

“Oh, it’s out Byul!” Chanyeol’s father had greeted her with a warm smile, but it wasn’t him that made Byul stop it was the female sitting across him.

Byul bowed at the elder, then she turned her head to Chanyeol, worry clouded her head as she saw the expression on his face.

“This young lady is BH Group’s representative, they’re president will be this Wednesday.” Mister Park ushered her over.

Chanyeol dropped her hand.

Byul nodded and tried to smile as she sat down.

“President Park, not joining us?” Mister Park looked at his son, Chanyeol’s brows furrowed briefly.

“I will.” He said quietly before taking his seat beside Byul.

Hanbyul looked at the beautiful lady before.

Then it hit her again.

 

 

She was going to be working with Chanyeol’s ex.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++