Chapter XC

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days before Jessica's birthday I asked her to stay with me in my unit. I planned to surprise her with the engagement in the morning after she wakes up.

Today we were like a married couple where I am the husband and she is the wife. I fetched her in her office, gave her a massage after complaining that her legs hurt, and I also prepared our dinner while she was having a nap.

"Good evening," Jessica greeted after snaking her arms around my waist, giving me a back hug.

"Good evening. Feeling better? Were you able to sleep well?"

"Yeah. It's all thanks to you." She smiled and granted me with a sweet kiss. "What is that you're making?"

"Seared scallops in wine butter."

"Hmm. It looks great."

"And you look great with my shirt too. You raided my closet again."

Jessica giggled before she burrowed her face at the space between my shoulder blades.

"What are you doing, babe?" I asked when she remained silent.

"Sniffing your scent. You tend to do that with me too."

"It's because your scent is addicting."

"Well, I like your scent too, Miss Im. Can you lift me baby? I wanna sit on the counter."

Jessica slapped my arms when I faked a grunt while lifting her.

"I'm not heavy. To tell you frankly I lost weight Miss Im."

I pecked on her lips and smiled. "I was just pretending that you're heavy. Aren't you planning to give me a hand, Miss Jung?"

"No. I'm the customer and you're the chef. So you should do it all by yourself and I'll just be here to cheer for you." Jessica ate an apple and dangled her feet while watching me cook. She really never gave me a hand. "It looks delicious," she complimented when I'm done with the plating.

"You're not gonna have some of these."

"Why not?"

"Because you didn't help me cook."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah. So I'm gonna have these scallops for myself. Unless..." I bit my lip and eyed on her figure from head to toe, paying a particular attention at her exposed thighs.

"Unless what?" she asked after waving her hand in front of me that stopped me from ogling at her legs.

"Unless you give me a kiss."

"Are you seducing me Miss Im?"

With a mischievous smile, I glided in front of her and made her wrap her legs around my waist. I placed my hands on her hips and stared at her with a smile still plastered on my face. "Why? Don't you want me to seduce you, Miss Jung?"

Jessica smiled and placed a finger to tilt my chin. She leaned down and paused after our noses touched.

"What's with the del

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter