Chapter LXVII

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already past midnight when we got back to Mr. Mitoba's place, yet Jessica still managed to wake up early to prepare for work. She looked absolutely perfect as CEO in her office wear and her style is something to die for.

"Why do you keep on staring at me?" she asked while looking at my reflection in the mirror. She's taking a final check on her look before turning around and throwing her arms around my neck, giving me a forehead kiss. I am now wearing the suit Mr. Mitoba bought for me when I started working as Jessica's PA. I'll only work for five hours as her assistant in MLH before going to Kim's café.

"Do you really have to go to work today?"

"Why? Shouldn't I be the one asking you that? I can excuse you to work today so that you can have some rest before reporting to Woo Bin's café."

"But last night you - " Jessica silenced me with a kiss, her usual loving kiss that can erase all your negative thoughts.

"I'm okay Yoongie. I am expected to report to work today and I cannot make Jiyeon as a petty excuse for being absent on my first day."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"To be honest I've been feeling pissed since last night. What she did stirred my peacefully beating heart once again. But I am going to face this head on. You're going to help me anytime I'll call for you right?"

Jessica placed her hand on my cheek and I closed my eyes to feel it's warmth before meeting her gaze again. "I will. Just tell me how I can help you Sica and I'll do it."

"Just be strong for me, Yoongie. Don't ever let her make you feel down again," she uttered with our foreheads pressed. The way her hands were touching me indicated that she's afraid I might feel the way I did last time when I hurt her. That's why I kissed her tenderly to make her assured that I will not be that kind of Im Yoona ever again. 

"I love you. I will always be there for you Sica."

Jessica smiled and pecked on my lips. "Thank you. I love you too, Yoongie. Um...do you really want to go to work with me today? Are you sure you can manage?"

"Yes. I want to be by your side on your first day, Sica."

"Okay. I will stop insisting then."

When we went downstairs we were met by Jessica's sisters who have a worried expression plastered on their faces.

"Jiyeon did it, Jessie," Sooyeon told her twin. "She showed to the whole country your photos with her."

"I know Sooyeon. I saw it with my own eyes last night."

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't want to spoil your moment with Sunny's parents. You were so happy back there. It's been a long time since I last saw that happiness. That kind of happiness you have when mom and dad were still here. Your smile and laughter were too precious. I don't wanna ruin it." So that explains why she acted calm. Now I understand.

"There are reporters waiting for you outside Jessie," Krystal informed. "Uncle's dealing with them right now. What are you going to do with this situation?"

"I still got to think of it. But there's one thing I am sure of right now." Jessica held my hand tight "...I'm not gonna let her win this war."

"We will be there for you if you need us." Sooyeon agreed to this statement made by Krystal. Jessica thanked them and gave them a warm hug. "Give us a call if things get rough at work."

"I will be able to handle this. Yoongie is with me and Uncle will be there too. So don't worry too much okay?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter