Chapter XXII

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was in the living room contemplating about the kiss I've shared with Jessica when the doorbell rang. When I opened the main door, I saw Sunny and dad carrying one paper bag each.

"What are these?" I asked as I laid the bags in the dining table. Jessica was not around. She left a while ago saying she'll meet up with her uncle.

"Your clothes. Miss Jung asked me to get them for you in our apartment since she forgot to tell you to bring extra clothes."

"Thanks, Sunny."

"You're welcome. Go take a shower now. You stink Yoong."

"Shut up."

"Don't bicker in front of me. And Yoona, you should really take a shower now. Your boss told us that she'll pick us up at nine. There's only an hour left."

"Where did she say we're going?"

The two just shrugged. After an hour, I received a call from Jessica telling me that she's waiting for us at the parking lot.

"Holy cow! We're riding this?" Sunny exclaimed when Jessica invited us to get in her brand new Bentley. She smiled as she gave Sunny a yes.

Sunny kept blabbering on how cool Jessica is and her car. The latter just kept on smiling at her. After a fifteen minute drive, we stopped in front of a fashion house. The eye-smiling girl at the counter immediately left what she's doing after seeing us. She excitedly ran towards Jessica and gave her a hug and a kiss on her rosy cheeks.

"It's nice to see you again Jessie! What took you so long to visit me? It's been eleven months since I last saw you." Eleven months? Doesn't she know about the accident? "Where's your cutie sister Sooyeon?"

I checked Jessica's expression and it was...blank.

"There's a ball I need to attend to tonight Tiff. Do you have anything great for a masquerade ball?"

"Oh, I got lots of it! Remember the dress I told you about last year? I still have it in my office. I never let anyone lay their hands on it since I only made it for you Jessie. And oh! I see you got company."

"Um, yeah. I almost forgot. This is my personal assistant Yoona, her dad, and her friend Sunny. Guys, this one here is my friend Tiffany Hwang. She's a designer. We went to the same school in England."

"Hello! It is my pleasure to meet you."

"It is also our pleasure to meet you, Miss Hwang," says my father and Sunny. We flashed her our friendliest smile. After the short introduction, we went to the office escorted by Tiffany's assistant named Sooyoung.

"This is it. Do you like it?" Tiffany asked while showing the red dress she displayed in a glass compartment near her desk.

"It is beautiful, Tiff. I like it. So, how much for this dress?"

It took them some time to agree with the price since Tiffany offered it in a low price for Jessica's liking. After they agreed on it's price, they helped me choose a dress. Tiffany sold it in a reasonable price this time.

"Let's see each other often Jessie. Please don't make me wait for another long months before I'll see you," the designer whined which made Jessica smile.

"Okay. Don't worry. I'll try when I'm not busy. Goodbye, Tiff."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter