Chapter 51

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two hours before dinnertime Jessica, Soojung and Julien came back home carrying grocery items and fresh fish. Before going upstairs all by herself, Jessica first reminded Kim Bum to make bingsu for dessert.

"Where did you go eomma?" Mason asked after having a slice of thin pizza his mother bought for all of us to enjoy. "You were gone the whole day."

"We visited an orphanage to give an early Christmas presents for the kids."

"Was it fun?"

"A lot."

"Then why does it look like you cried?"

"Why? Are my eyes still a little swollen?"

"Yes."

Krystal smiled before placing Mason on her lap. "Remember when eomma said she's a one year old baby left in the doorstep of an orphanage?" Mason hummed a yes. "It's that orphanage we visited, Mason. Eomma cried because she became emotional after remembering she was left by her real family."

"But you have us now, eomma. Me and Maden loves you. Appa Julien too. Then there's mommy and Auntie Sooyeon. We are not going to leave you like your real parents did. So don't cry again eomma. Be happy."

"Yes, I am happy now because I have everyone."

"I love you eomma." Mason kissed Krystal's lips and he also asked Maden to do the same. In the end, the Kang family group hugged and Sooyeon joined them. I excused myself later on when I'm done with my snacks so that I can check on Jessica. Her face was dreary when she flopped down on her bed.

"What's wrong?" I asked after cupping her face to make her look at me in the eyes. "What happened?"

"Soojung cried in the orphanage when she recalled how she was left by her real family. It brought the same emotions I had when I lost my parents. I miss them." Jessica bit her trembling lips. She's suppressing the urge to cry but still those precious pearls fell. "I miss them so much Yoongie. It was hard losing them and assuming their responsibilities at a very young age."

"But you did well, babe. You did so well as Sooyeon and Soojung's parents substitute. I'm proud of you for doing it...so much." I kissed Jessica's forehead before wrapping her in my arms. I waited patiently until she stopped crying.

Lying next to each other with our backs leaning against the reclined headboard, I hummed Jessica a song until her sad memories faded.

"Sica?" I called softly.

"Yes?"

"Are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter