Chapter IV

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why are you staring at me like that? Do you want me to melt in your gaze Im Yoona?" Jessica asked while we were on the bridge of the man-made river. She had her elbows propped at the brass railings and her eyes were focused on the blooming lotus flowers.

"It's because you're very beautiful Jessica. Beautiful that I can't take my eyes off you. It's like a magnet that draws me in."

Jessica straightened her back and approached me, giving me a smile that fades her cold facade. She ran her fingers to the side of my face and brushed my lower lip. "Such a sweet talker. Why don't you just tell me you love me?"

I wanted to. I'd like to utter those words but I wasn't able to do so after she surprised me with a kiss. She threw her arms around my neck and pulled me in to deepen our kiss. I closed my eyes, tattooing the feel of her soft lips at the back of my mind.

As I wrapped my arms around her waist, I started hearing something that interrupted my focus to our passionate kiss. It was a sound of a knock and a male courteously calling my name. When I opened my eyes, I found myself in my assigned room. No Jessica kissing me but only me lying in the middle of the queen-sized bed.

"Good evening Miss Im. We brought your dinner," Butler Seo told me. There's a servant standing behind him and holding a golden food tray. I opened the door wide and let them in. After setting tray at the coffee table, the two bowed reverently and left.

Ten minutes passed and I still haven't touched my food. I was still thinking about that dream. It felt so real - her soft lips in mine. I wondered why I dreamed about it and why with the girl that I've just met. I shook my head four times trying to brush the thoughts away. I cannot fantasize my boss. No. Never. I am a nobody compared to her.

I woke up early the next day to prepare for my job. After putting on make-up, I wore the suit Mr. Mitoba bought in Parkland for me to wear. He bought five and it fits me perfectly.

After leaving my room, I went to look for Butler Seo. I found him at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter