Chapter XXVII (Jessica's POV)

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's six in the evening and I've just woke up from my two hours nap. My body's feeling a little better from the fatigue I acquired due to my physical therapy session today. I went to the restroom to wash my face when I heard Sooyeon's voice. She's the only person in this mansion whom I allowed to barge in my room without knocking.

"Jessie? Where are you?"

"I'm in the bathroom. Why?"

"Can you come out now? I have something for you."

Something for me? I wonder what it could be. When I went out to see her, I saw Sooyeon comfortably seated on my bed with a big rectangular box beside her.

"What's this?" I asked.

She gave me a toothy grin in response. "It's my present for you. Put it on and meet me at the ballroom. See you!" After that, Sooyeon hastily placed a kiss on my cheek before fleeing from my room. I didn't even got the chance to ask what the little white dress was for.

I took a quick shower first before putting on the white dress that perfectly hugged my figure. I matched it with my favorite black sandals. I planned to wear a necklace other than my gold ring but decided not to since it's only Sooyeon I'm gonna be spending time with. 

While walking along the hallway, I felt weird since it was unusually quiet. The ballroom's lights were off, making my brows furrow in curiosity of what Sooyeon is up to. When I've stepped inside the ballroom, the door suddenly closed and everything went pitch dark. I was about to ask what's going on and where Sooyeon is when the spotlight was switched on, revealing my sister in front of the grand piano. Standing behind a microphone just inches away from her was Yoona in a little black dress that matched the one I'm wearing. Kim Bum was seated on a wooden stool holding a guitar and Joong Suk was also there behind a drum set. Yoona smiled at me before Sooyeon and Kim Bum started playing their respective instruments. Yoona then followed by singing a beautiful song. (a/n: The song is this fic's title. "Effortlessly You" by Shane Filan)

Tears welled up as I watched Yoona beautifully singing with eyes locked on mine. I didn't hold back it's urge to streak down my face. I'm too consumed by Yoona's beautiful singing v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter