Chapter LXIX

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two hours to go and I'll be seeing Jessica again. It's been a busy first day of work for me since there were many customers who came in the late afternoon. Most of them were couples which made me miss her even more.

"You've done a really great job today, Miss Im," Woo Bin complimented. He just suddenly appeared in the kitchen while I'm washing the dishes.

"Thank you sir. I got used to this job that's why it was easy for me to adjust on my first day here."

He stared at me and smiled. Woo Bin is the type who looks stern but when he smiles, he looks very handsome and approachable. "Want me to help you with that?" he asked.

"Huh? N-No sir. It's okay. I can do this alone. Thank you."

"I insist. I'm done with my paperworks anyway." He stood next to me and helped me in washing the dishes. He looked experienced in doing this task. "How's Jessica? She's the star of the news this year. How is she handling it especially her ex?"

"She's standing firm. She's very professional in handling the situation."

"That Park Jiyeon got some guts by letting everyone know how she feels."

There's something in the strain in his voice which made me curious. "D-Do you like her, sir?"

"Who?"

"Miss Jessica."

My question earned me a quizzical look from my boss. "W-Why are you suddenly asking me that?" He's avoiding the topic. Does it mean my assumption was true?

"Um, nothing sir. Sorry I asked."

When we're done washing the dishes, I thanked Woo Bin and excused myself. His reaction to my question somehow bothered me. I was too immersed in it that I failed to notice the elevation on the floor leading to the staff room and so I...unluckily tripped. I closed my eyes, ready to receive my fate of hitting the floor when I felt musculine arms wrapped around my waist that prevented me from landing on the tiled floor. I took a squint of the person who saved me and was surprised to find out that it was my boss. His face was just twelve inches away from mine. For the first time after quite a while, my heteroual heart beat fast due to this kind of proximity with a guy. We were staring into each other's eyes when we heard a woman clearing . I turned my head to see who was there and saw my goddess giving me a dark look. Oopsie woopsie! Here comes trouble!

 ---

"Thank you sir," I told Woo Bin when he helped me stand while his eyes remained fixed to my goddess leaning at the kitchen's doorway.

"Jess..." he uttered. The way his chest rises with every breathing was very obvious. I thought I can even hear his heartbeat!

"Hello," Jessica replied in an apathetic way. "I came here for a cup of coffee."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter