Chapter LXXXVI

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of Jessica's groan woke me up early in the morning the following day. She wasn't on the other side of the bed. And her clothes were still scattered on the floor together with my clothings so I assumed that she's either in her closet or inside the bathroom. I quickly put on my oversized shirt and looked for my goddess who I found in the bathtub clutching her head. I lifted her off and wrapped a towel around her body before I carried her bridal style and laid her back on her bed.

"Sica, what's wrong? Does your head hurt? I'll go grab some pain reliever."

Before I could reach for the door, Jessica's groan became louder. I rushed to her side and begged her to tell me what's going on so that I can help her.

"Yoongie..." she called like a mantra. "It hurts Yoongie," she added with her eyes tightly shut. "My head...It hurts a lot."

"I'll call Dr. Choi. Please wait for me here."

"No. Please don't leave me." Jessica freed her one hand to hold me by the wrist. The way her fingernails dug my skin indicated how severe the pain was. When Jessica screamed louder, I grabbed my phone and dialed Sunny's number. My voice was panicky when I asked Sunny to tell Butler Seo that we need Doctor Choi immediately. "I'll just clean up our bedroom, okay? I'm not going to leave you. Dr. Choi will be here soon," I assured Jessica for her to let go of my hand. After she did so, I gathered all our clothes and put it in a hamper. I dressed appropriately and helped Jessica put on her clothes.

After a few minutes of calmness, Jessica screamed again before she passed out. I carried her on my back and brought her to the room where her once vegetative body lied. It's still equipped with the necessary hospital equipment like an oxygen delivery system.

"What happened?" Dr. Choi asked me and the others who were as worried as I am.

"She kept saying her head hurts, Dr. Choi. And after several minutes she passed out so I brought her here to receive first aid." 

Dr. Choi checked Jessica's condition and told us that her vital signs were normal.

"Then what is it doctor?" Tiffany asked. "Why did she experience a severe headache to the extent that she passed out?"

"It's probably a sign that she's going to have her memories back."

"Are you sure, Uncle?" Sooyeon asked. Her eyes were begging for an assurance that her old sister will be coming back. "Is Jessie really coming back soon?"

"It is only an assumption Sooyeon. But to make sure, she can undergo a brain scan so that I can see if something is wrong with her brain that might have caused the headache.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter