Chapter XXIV

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later, Jessica was successfully weaned from the mechanical ventilator and gradually started with her physical therapy that began with assisting her limbs with simple exercises while she remained lying on bed. Sooyeon was often by her side, telling her stories and showing her drawings to Jessica that include the ones depicting their journey as two souls switching possession of Sooyeon's body.

"So what was it that you found that the black guy agreed to have you back to life?" Sooyeon asked while massaging her sister's hand. I was just standing in one corner watching them and seeing to it that Jessica is okay. Jessica cocked her head in my direction and smiled.

"Love," she replied with her gaze still fixed on me.

"You're currently in love? With who?" Jessica's smile became even wider after such query. Sooyeon got curious and so she followed her sister's gaze on me. "To Yoona-shi?"

"Yes," Jessica replied shortly. I have to admit my cheeks felt warmer because of that confession.

"Why do you like her?"

"Because she can see through me. She loves me for me and she only sees me in a sea of people. I love the special feeling her adoration gives me."

"Did you kiss?" Sooyeon nervously uttered the last word. I mentally prayed that Jessica will not tell her we almost had !

"We did. And I wanna say sorry for that, Sooyeon. Even if it's just a kiss, I still shouldn't have done it since I'm inside your body."

"I-It's okay. I don't share a memory of it anyway. Um...Yoona-shi?"

"Y-Yes?"

"You...don't you dare hurt my sister okay? If Jessie cries again because of love, I will never forgive you."

"I will not let that happen, Princess. I love your sister so much."

"Pinky promise?"

I smiled as I approached Sooyeon and interlocked my little finger with hers. "I promise."

 ---

"Don't you have plans to sleep Im Yoona?" Jessica asked when the clock hits eleven in the evening.

"Still not sleepy. Sorry, did I wake you up?"

"No. I woke up because I'm sensing erted eyes looking at me from head to toe while I sleep."

"Haha. Very funny."

She smiled and tapped the space next to her. "Sleep next to me."

"I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"A patient needs enough space to rest on."

"This is a king-sized bed I'm lying at Im Yoona. How could there be not enough space for me to rest on?"

"Okay, but no cuddling."

"And why?"

"Because you still have one intravenous line. I fear for it to get tangled and dislodged."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter