Chapter LXXXIII

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week before my one month leave was over, Jessica prepared another romantic surprise. It was in the middle of the night when Sunny and Sooyeon came in Jessica's room to wake me up. I panicked when I saw that my goddess wasn't beside me, but the couple told me she's okay and was waiting for me somewhere.

Before I could go look for her, Sooyeon asked me to first wear my little black dress which I wore when I serenaded Jessica at the ballroom. The two helped each other in styling my hair and applying my make-up.

"Perfect! You look beautiful, Yoona," Sooyeon noted so I thanked her for the compliment.

"She's waiting at the center of the maze garden," Sunny informed. "Enjoy the night, Yoong."

With my heart beating fast due to nervousness, I traversed my way to the maze garden. It appeared like the stars have descended from the night sky because of the twinkling lights that led me to where my goddess was waiting. She's standing behind a microphone in the platform near the fountain. Jessica was wearing the white dress I gave her that matched the one I'm wearing. She smiled and waved at me and all I could do was smile at the beauty standing just a few feet away.

"Hello, Miss Im," she greeted with a playful glint in her eyes. "Sunny and Sooyeon told me that you often serenade me. So...I'd like to be the one to do it for you this time with the first song you dedicated to me."

With a flick of a finger, the instrumental music for the song "Effortlessly You" was played. Jessica sang the song in a very soulful manner. Her voice was so beautiful. It was enchanting that it made me feel like I'm listening to an angel singing just for me. When the song was over, Jessica stepped down of the platform and approached me. She took my hands and stared at me with her loving eyes.

"Miss Im, I lost that precious thing you gave me which symbolizes your infinite love for me just like how I lost my memories. But even if I've become different from the Jessica you fell in love with, I want you to know that your love remain engraved in my heart. So when we met again, even if I was afraid of being with someone I cannot recognize, I loosened up and gradually welcomed you in my life because it's what my heart told me to do...I love you so much, Yoona. I'm sorry if I lost the bracelet you gave me."

"It's okay, Sica. We don't need material things to symbolize our love for each other." I placed her one hand on top of my chest where my heart lies. "This alone - this muscle beating inside me...beating inside you - is enough to symbolize our love. It will continue beating while we're still alive. Just like my love for you, my heart will beat just for you until I die."

With precious pearls falling down her cheeks, Jessica kissed me in her ever loving way. Heaven was probably rejoicing for us because raindrops suddenly fell. I stopped kissing Jessica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter