Chapter LXXIV (Jiyeon's POV)

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night has gone deep and the reporters have left the club carrying with them the story of the night...The story that is crushing my heart yet I have to deal with in the name of her happiness.

Jessica is happier now than she was the last time I saw her. I like the genuine smile plastered on her face when she's with Yoona. Just simply holding her hand and having her by her side makes Jessica blissful. I was asking myself "Was I at least able to give that kind of happiness when she's still with me? Or did I lack in that aspect and she was the only one who gave me that kind of bliss she's receiving now?"

My thought was interrupted when I noticed my friend's presence. "You're not gonna jump from this rooftop, are you?" Qri remarked wittily.

"Unnie...what are you doing here?"

"I came to find you. Jessica's worried to find you gone."

"How is she?"

"She's getting entertained by our clown Hyomin." Qri stared at me, prying at my soul. "Would you like to cry, Jiyeon?" she asked. This is what I like about her which is quite similar with Jessica. Qri is a straightforward, thoughtful diva.

I smiled and shook my head to indicate a 'no'. I pocketed my hand to take out the necklace Jessica gave me during our first anniversary. "The lucky star," I uttered while staring at the pendant of the beautiful memento of the love we shared. "She's my lucky star, unnie. But like other stars, I cannot reach her to have all her light for myself. There's only a few who can. And Yoona was the chosen one to do it...I'm happy now because I understood another meaning of love and that is being happy for the one who means so much to you even if it also means you have to let her go. From now on, I'll make myself satisfied with just having this lucky star shining brightly in my life even if I can't reach her."

"She's shining brighter now, Jiyeon. You contributed to that light too."

"Yes. She really is shining brighter now because she found the love that's meant for her."

"You'll find yours soon, Jiyeon."

"I'm not in a hurry anymore. It will come when it's time, unnie."

Qri smiled and gave me a warm hug. "I'm still here. You still have me and everyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter