Chapter 33

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friendzoned. Watching Jessica while sleeping, I think I know now why she tried to stop herself from loving me, why she tried to maintain our boss-employee relationship, and why I was friendzoned for a while. The reason is because she's afraid of losing someone again. Tiffany told me that even if she's hurting whenever she sees Jessica with someone, she is still happy that she has kept her in the friend zone. Because at least she still get to see and talk to her without the fear of losing the only connection that ties them, which is their friendship.

As I brush my fingers through her gorgeous face, I cannot help but feel pity for Jessica. My bold, blunt, y goddess has become a fragile woman tonight. It breaks my heart to see her in that state.

"I am not gonna leave you. I am going to keep my promise of perpetual love Sica," I uttered to the sleeping beauty before kissing her forehead. As I withdraw my lips, Jessica suddenly pulled me by the neck and crashed our lips. At first I cannot react because of shock. But when I felt how gentle her lips were while brushing through mine, I closed my eyes and kissed her back, reciprocating the tenderness of her kiss. It didn't go further than that. We just kissed. No rubbing, no teasing. Just our lips dancing together that sent fireworks in my invisible dark sky. We only broke the kiss when we finally ran out of air.

With foreheads pressed together and our breathed air bouncing at each other's lips, Jessica caressed my cheeks. Her fingers traced my face with so much gentleness, as if I'm going to break if not handled with care. "I love you," she uttered in the sweetest way possible. "I don't want to lose you, Yoona."

"You're not going to lose me, Sica. I will remain by your side no matter what happens."

"I'm sorry if I'm hurting you right now. I'm sorry if I still care for her. I'm sorry if there's still a place left for her in me."

Jessica's tears started to fall again so I gently wiped it with the back of my hand. "Sssh. It's okay. I understand Sica. She is your first love. You've done so much for her and she also made you happy. I cannot question why you still love her. Just remember me, Sica. Remember that I love you so much."

She nodded and so I kissed her again before resting my head under her chin. I hummed her a song until both of us fell asleep.

  ---

"Good morning!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter