Chapter LXXIX

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked like a zombie in the streets of Seoul after that encounter with Taeyeon. I stayed too long in that riverside that's why it's now past nine in the evening. My empty stomach was growling yet I ignored it like how I ignored the people I passed by who recognized me.

"Taeyeon...Why couldn't you at least tell me where she is?" I muttered to myself. I continued walking with my hands pocketed in my coat. Suddenly I paused after seeing someone familiar ahead of me. She's looking at my poster in the bulletin board of a waiting shed. There's only two people I know who own that side profile...the twins. But Sooyeon's not in Seoul. She's in Phuket with Sunny filming a new music video.

With nervousness consuming my very soul, I took slow steps to approach that woman whose eyes remained glued on my poster.

"J-Jessica?" I uttered breathlessly. She turned around and met my gaze. In that moment I felt like there's only the two of us in this world. Maybe I'm hallucinating but I really can hear my heart beat while staring at those familiar brown orbs. She smiled and it took my breath away like it used to.

"You're this model. Right, Miss?" Miss? Did she just call me Miss? "You look beautiful in person. Your eyes...I like it."

"Jessica..."

"You know my name?" I refused to believe I am making a mistake. Sooyeon is the only person who has her beauty. This is Jessica in front of me right now. But why can't she recognize me? Was it because of the plane crash? Is this because of another brain injury?

"You don't recognize me?"

"Do we know each other?"

"Sica...it's me, Yoong. Babe it's-" I wasn't able to finish my statement since a man in his thirties approached Jessica.

"Here's your coffee Jess. Did I make you wait for too long?" When Jessica didn't say a word and continued staring at me, the man turned his head to see who she's looking at. He gasped. Am I right to assume that he knows me? "Miss Im Yoona...right?" So, he does. What's next?

"I am," I replied without breaking my stare at Jessica.

"You know her?" Jessica asked. It made my chest feel heavier because my baby cannot recognize me.

"Yes. I've heard of her. Miss Im, would you like to go with us so that we can talk?"

By instinct I said yes. Me and Jessica were seated next to each other at the backseat. I can sense how awkward she feels for being close to someone she cannot recognize. I wanna touch her hand yet I couldn't bring myself to do so. So all I did was stare at those spaces in her fingers where mine used to fit in. And by staring at it, I noticed this long oblique scar in her arm.

"What happened to it?" I asked.

"Accident." She pulled the sle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter