Chapter 57 (Jessica's POV)

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where are you going Sica?" Yoona asked when she saw me wearing an outdoor outfit two nights after what happened. 

"I'm going to meet Jiyeon."

"T-Ara's Park Jiyeon?"

"Yes. I need to talk to her about what she's done. She made a move that cracked the wall that guards my private life. I deserve an explanation for what she did."

"Can I go with you?"

"No need. I'll handle this alone. I am not going to meet her in a public place so you don't have to worry about me."

"If anything happens-"

"There is nothing that will happen. Trust me on this Yoona. I know you're worried and I thank you for that. But I'll be okay...I'll be back soon alright?"

She nodded and I kissed her cheek. I put on my coat and scarf and wore a dark sunglass before walking out of the apartment.

Earlier today, I texted Jiyeon to meet me in that house that witnessed the end of our relationship. She's already there when I arrived. She looked half-happy and half-scared. She prepared dinner for the two of us but I ignored her invitation to join her in the dining table.

"Why did you do it?" I asked while staring directly into her eyes. She fidgetted but successfully managed to gather the courage to talk back. 

"Because I want to prove to you that I love you. That I can do anything just to prove it. So what if they'll hate me for loving a woman? At least I'm being true to myself."

"Even if it means invading my privacy?"

"Why Jessie? Do you plan on hiding forever? Of working behind closed doors and remaining to be known as Miss J or Sergeant Ice?"

"No. Because I don't think I can hide forever from the spotlight that keeps on trailing behind me, Park Jiyeon. I plan to expose myself. I plan to expose being the heiress of Mitoba. I plan to expose Sergeant Ice's identity. But not in the way that you did Jiyeon! Did you ever think of the consequences of your action? Do you think I'll go back to you because you bravely announced to the world that you're in love with a woman? Why do you have to do it your way?"

"I did it because I want them to know how great of a person you are Jessie. Of why I love you. And why I-"

"Liar! You did it because you're hoping you'll be able to encourage the people to wish for me to go back to you. You want to earn their sympathy. You want me to be forced to choose you. Which part of you're not meant for me can't you understand? Not all first loves are someone's last, Jiyeon. Remember that."

I turned my back and headed towards the door when I heard her footsteps following me. She wrapped her arms around my waist and nuzzled her face on my shoulder while crying. "I want you back Jessie. Please come back to me."

"I'm not gonna leave the one who thawed my heart, Jiyeon. I love her more than I love you."

"You're just being blinded by love, Jessica. It is me who is destined for you and not her. You're going to realize it later. So while it's still not happening, I'm going to continue showing you how much I love you."

"Then suit yourself. You'll only get tired of hoping."

I was harsh to say those words, I know. But she's so stubborn. If someone's blinded by love, it's not me but Jiyeon. Because I'm sure of what my heart is telling me. I lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter