Chapter LXVI

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After our late breakfast me, Jessica and the SunYeon couple left the Mitoba estate to go to Sunny's home in Changnyeong. Two cars were travelling with us, one in front and the other one was trailing us from behind. The ones inside these cars were the special agents hired by Mr. Mitoba to keep his nieces safe. They're wearing civilian outfits and will secretly watch over us when we're in public places.

Few hours later we have arrived in a marketplace. Sunny's mother barely recognized my friend when she saw her. "Soonkyu?!Is that you?" Auntie Hye Rim exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Yes, eomma. It's me, Sunny."

"Oh my goodness! Honey, come here! Our daughter is home!"

Uncle Myung-soo had the same expression as his wife when he saw Sunny. Upon the realization that it was truly their daughter whom they haven't seen for a year, the two hugged her tight and shed tears of joy.

"Aigoo! Look at what you've done. Because you're always keeping yourself busy to earn money to send us, you barely have time to visit us. I feel like it's been forever since I last saw you. Omo! My daughter has grown so well."

"Sorry, eomma. It's hard to earn money for a living so I have to sacrifice even our short bonding time. But it's gonna be alright. I have a high-paying job now and my employers are great people and kind. By the way, I got companies."

Auntie also became wide-eyed when she saw me. "Yoona? Is that really you?

"Yes, Auntie Hye Rim. It's me, Yoona. It's been a while. How are you and Uncle?"

"Omo! Why did you add another inch to your height? Now it's more obvious that my daughter's a shorty."

Sunny whined at Auntie Hye Rim's remarks on our height difference which caused us to erupt in laughter. The twins also laughed along with us and that's how Uncle Myung-soo and his wife noticed their presence.

"Who are these beautiful t-twins?" Auntie asked.

"I think I saw them on TV this morning. They're the nieces of the president of the biggest construction firm in the country," Uncle said.

"Can we go to our house first? I'll introduce them to you later."

The couple asked Sunny's cousins Hyung Joon and Hyun Saeng to look after their fish store while they're gone. Their house is just a ten minute walk from the market.

"So you're the employer of our daughter Soonkyu, ma'am?" Auntie asked after she prepared a cup of tea for everyone.

"Yes, ma'am. Our uncle designated Sunny as our second personal assistant particularly as my twin sister's assistant," Jessica answered.

"Sooyeon is now my girlfriend eomma, appa. The reason why I brought her with me is for me to formally introduce her to you."

The two adults were dumbfounded by Sunny's confession. Sooyeon's head was lowered. She was nervously playing with the hem of Sunny's shirt.

"You're dating the niece of Mr. Mitoba?" Uncle asked and Sunny nodded.

"Please don't say anything like you shouldn't be together because you two belong in two different worlds. We love each other and that alone is enough reason for us to be together. Eomma, appa, please give us your blessings."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter