Chapter 40

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've been feeling antsy all the way from Suwon to Seoul. Sica has forgiven me but I don't know why I'm feeling scared of her dark calmness earlier. When I finally reached our master suite, my nervousness sky-rocketed to the top. It was Sunny who opened the door for me and she instantly warned me not to spoil Sooyeon's restored calmness.

"S-Sooyeon?" I called the girl who's busy with properly tying the bow tie of the teddy bear Sunny gave her. Poor Maomao. The cat lost her attention ever since the white teddy came.

"What do you want?" she asked austerely. Phew! Scary! It sent shivers to my spine.

"Um...m-my friend would like you to have this as a peace offering. She said she's humbly sorry for what she's done to you and your sister." I offered her the box of Belgian chocolate Hyuna would like her to have. She took it with a spark visible from her eyes.

"Wow! Are these really Belgian chocolates?" she asked.

"Yes. Hyuna works in a chocolate factory in Belgium. She just went home for Christmas vacation. She's hoping that you will like it, princess."

"Thank you. Tell her I'm okay with her now as long as she stops being clingy...And I would never want her to insult my sister again. Or else...I can do worse than what I did to her." Sooyeon's aura instantly got dark and it scared the hell out of me. 

"S-Sure. I'll tell her that."

"Good." And with just one smile, that dark aura was gone. "Can I eat one now?"

"Of course."

Sooyeon unwrapped the chocolate box and stuffed with the sweet delight. She called my friend Sunny hence she came to sit next to her. With one chocolate in hand, she ordered Soonkyu to open .

"Y-You're going to feed me?" Sunny asked.

"Can't I?"

"Y-Yes. S-Sure."

My friend timidly opened and blushed when Sooyeon patted her head while telling her she's a good girl. I smiled to myself since I can clearly sense romance threatening to blossom between these two.

"So, is Sica back from the office?" I asked Sunny.

"Yeah. She just got here ten minutes ago."

With slow-paced breathing, I knocked on Jessica's bedroom door. She opened it for me without saying anything because she's talking to someone on the phone. Therefore, I just decided to wait for the call to be finished. I toured my eyes around and saw that their luggage was ready and her outfit for the flight were laid on her bed.

"I love you too." My body tensed when she said that over the phone. It was definitely not for me since her attention wasn't on mine either. "Yeah, I miss you too. I'm excited to see you soon. Have a safe trip." Soon? Safe trip? Why?  Is that person coming over to her place in Jeju? "Okay. You too. Bye." When the call was ended, she turned her head to me and asked: "You just got here?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter