Chapter LXXIII (Tiffany's POV)

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've been sighing for the nth time now while choosing the right outfit for me, Jessica and her girlfriend Yoongie. I don't know what's running on my friend's mind when she said we're going to T-Ara's party. That place will be swarming with reporters. Will she be finally breaking her silence? What will she do to make Jiyeon pay for invading her privacy? This genius tease can make so many plans in just a blink of an eye. I have to be ready and keen to observe for signs that she'll be doing something ridiculous. I need to be quick in stopping my friend from doing it.

"Are you alright, ma'am?" my assistant Sooyoung asked. "You've been staring at these dresses for less than half an hour now."

"Really?" She nodded and so I sighed. "I'm just having difficulty choosing the right outfit for my friend." That's half-truth and half-lie. Half-lie because I'm worried about her that is why I spaced out. And half-truth because I know my friend's taste when it comes to party outfits. Her taste in fashion actually served as my inspiration for my designs. 

"Black will look good on her, ma'am. Her beauty will stand out in that color."

"Yeah, I agree. She really looks stunning in black. Can you help me choose one for Yoongie? You two have the same built."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Thanks, Soo."

After I closed my store at seven, I went to the salon of mine and Jessica's favorite stylist and make-up artist Han Sunhwa. Jessica was already waiting for me in the private room for VIP customers.

"So, what are you up to Jessie?" I asked while she's having her make-up done.

"You worry too much Tiff. I know what I'm gonna do so relax."

"Will you just tell me what you're planning to do?"

"It's a secret. Secrets are not meant to be told. Right, Sunhwa?" The stylist smiled in response.

"So what time will the party start?"

"Eight."

"And what time are we going there?"

"Once Yoona's make-up is done. It's better to come late for the purpose of making a grand entrance." I just rolled my eyes on that antic.

"By the way," Sunhwa interrupted. "I saw the news about Jiyeon confessing she dated you. I didn't expect my favorite customer was once in love with that singer."

"Well, that's our Jessica Jung. You can always expect the unexpected with this heiress. How's your mom by the way, Sunhwa?" Sunhwa's mom was my mother's co-worker in a pharmaceutical company in China before mother decided to work as a pharmacist in England to be with me and dad.

"She's doing well. She's much busier now since she got promoted to a higher position so I barely see her. But she does keep in touch through phone calls."

"Ask her if there's a new drug for byuntaes so that this beautiful heiress will stop being a tease. Her twin sister kept on complaining over the phone about her ually harassing Sooyeon."

Jessica threw an interior design magazine on my tummy. I groaned yet me and Sunhwa kept on laughing at her adorable annoyed reaction. Three minutes before my make-up was done, Yoona arrived being escorted by Jessica's bodyguard. She looked confused as to what's going on. I'm supposed to tell her what this was all about but Jessica was quick enough to say that we're simply just going to a party. The way Yoona's forehead wrinkled showed she's suspecting something big is going to happen but she just shrugged it off.

"Hey, buddy. Your jaw's dropping," I jested when Jessica's jaw fell after seeing Yoona ready for the party. She's definitely going to be a head turner tonight.

"Shut up Tiff," she uttered and hit my arm. Her eyes glistened when she smiled at Yoongie. "You look beautiful, Yoona."

"T-Thank you," Yoona replied timidly.

"You've done a great job with the make-up, Sunhwa. By the way, I'd like to let you know that Yoona is-"

"Your girlfriend? I know that Jess. You don't have to tell me because I can clearly see it. We're called friends for a reason. The way you're looking at her right now reminds me of how mesmerized she was when I did your make-up for the masquerade ball. Back then, I was predicting that you two will end up together. And I wasn't wrong. You two are per

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter