Chapter 49 (Jessica's POV)

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I heard Krystal's scream, I abruptly pulled away from my twin. Krystal was also quick enough to close the door before Sooyeon cried out loud, deepening the crimson tinge on her face.

"I hate you! You stole the kiss I reserved for Sunny-shi!" Her high-pitched complain made Krystal laugh but later stopped when Sooyeon shot her a death glare. "This is your fault!"

"What? It was an accident! How am I supposed to know the two of you were behind the door?"

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" Sooyeon spat while torturing our arms before storming out of my room. 

"Phew! Her slaps were getting heavier. It hurts," Krystal said while rubbing her arms. 

We laughed together before sitting on the couch in my study. "So what brought you here Soojung? And just to remind you, you broke my rule of knocking on my door first."

"It's great that I didn't or else Sooyeon unnie will not have her kiss stolen today."

"Shut up."

"I'm just kidding. Well I just wanna see how you're doing. I heard that Jiyeon came here yesterday and that you let her talk to you."

"I'm okay. I made a proper closure with her. I accepted her apology and I told her that she should move on cause I already did."

"Do you still care for her?"

"I will be lying if I'll say I don't. But that care is not enough to equate nor overshadow the one I have for Yoona."

Krystal stared at me intently before smiling. "You truly love her."

"Yes. Heck I could marry her now if not for various reasons." 

"What reasons?"

"First, we're both girls and we're in Korea, Soojung. It's not allowed. Second, I've just been with her for two months. It's too early. But the number one reason in my list is that she's not yet ready. Her insecurities caused by our different social status are still there no matter how much I assure her that I don't care if she's a commoner or not. So I'm going to wait until she sees herself as good enough for me. I will just continue reminding her that she's the best I ever had."

"Tiffany told me you cried last week because of Jiyeon."

"Yes, I did. But because of Yoona it became clear to me that the one I truly need and love is her and not Jiyeon. She worked her magic in me Soojung. One day I just woke up realizing that I'm just wasting my tears to the one who's not meant for me."

"You truly are okay now. I am glad you finally made it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter