Chapter XIII

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day seven of taking care of Sooyeon. For the second time, I saw a doctor coming out of that room, the same doctor leaving with Butler Seo. My curiosity built up so I gathered all the courage I need to ask him of Jessica's condition.

"Excuse me, doctor!" I called so the both of them turned their heads to me. "M-May I talk to you for a moment?"

The doctor looked at Butler Seo and asked him who I am. "She is Im Yoona, their personal assistant," he answered. I saw the doctor nod so the butler escorted the two of us to the room where Jessica's body lies.

"H-How is she doctor? When is she gonna wake up?" I asked in a trembling voice.

"Her condition remains the same like the first time I took care of her."

"Is there a chance that she'll survive?"

"That is beyond my control, Miss Im. I cannot tell you when or how we can bring her back. I have done everything I could yet she remained...like this. Only a prayer can save her now."

A lone tear escaped from my left eye while I clenched my fists. Why not? Why can't she just wake up?

"Miss Im...I believe the words that came from the spirit doctor's mouth are true. After witnessing how different Sooyeon becomes after she's said to be possessed by Jessica's soul, I started to believe in him. Butler Seo told me that Jessica has started to open up to you. And probably Sooyeon will after some time. Can I ask you to do me a favor then?"

"What is it, Dr. Choi?"

Talk to them. Ask them if they're both aware of this unusual phenomenon happening to them - It is the favor he asked me. I learned from Butler Seo that Dr. Choi Jin Hyuk is Jessica and Sooyeon's godfather. He is a scholar of their dad. He is also like me who wants both of them to survive.

 ---

"Are you thinking about your friend again?" Sooyeon asked on the eighth day while we were having a picnic at the golf course.

"Why did you ask?"

"Cause your mind's off somewhere again. I've been talking here for the last couple of minutes bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter