Chapter 47 (Jiyeon's POV)

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I froze in my spot when I noticed a familiar pair of eyes looking at me among the crowd. Emotions were flooding inside me when I saw her again. I wanted to call her name. I wanted to approach her. But I didn't...And I can't. Nobody knows what we truly were except Yuri.

I'm not sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me because I think I saw her half-smile and nod before leaving with the woman beside her. When I saw her retreating back, I took a step aiming to follow her but I felt Qri's hands on my wrist. Her eyes were like telling me not to follow Jessica.

"Gather yourself together Jiyeon. You can cry on my shoulder when the show's over," she told me at the backstage which made it clear to me that she knows. She knows the kind of relationship I shared with Jessica and I don't know how since I never told any of my groupmates.

After the show, we returned to the hotel where I share the room with Qri. I sat silently at the edge of the bed as I wait for her to speak.  "You can cry now," she said when she sat next to me and held my hand.  "Pour it out until you run out of tears.  It's your time to stop crying alone over the same matter. "

"How....How did you know?"

"All of us know.  We're not dumb to not notice the way you look at Jessica the first time you introduced her to us. Mind telling us what happened to the two of you?"

I remained silent for a while before my lips began to tremble. "I screwed up. I hurt her Qri unnie.  It's all my fault." The tears I held back poured like rain as I buried my face to the crook of her neck. It's entirely my fault. I cannot blame Jessica for leaving me and not showing up again until now. 

"You should go see her," Qri told me when I have calmed down. "I don't think the both of you had a proper closure that's why it still hurts that much. I can go with you if you want Jiyeon."

"How am I gonna do that without our manager knowing?"

"I'll tell him we're going to visit my family. I'll have my brother pick us up."

With Qri's convincing power, we were able to leave the hotel though we were expected to come back before dinner. Her brother Donghae drove us to the Jungs residence. He kept on asking what business we have here but Qri told him to stop asking. After fifteen minutes, the gate was opened for us. We told Hae to wait for us inside the car after he parked it at the spaceous parking lot.

"So this is where she l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter