Chapter LXXX

Effortlessly You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My lids were feeling heavy yet I do not want to close my eyes. I stayed awake so that I can watch the sleeping beauty in front of me. She has another scar on her right arm. It was longer than the one on her left. It has flattened and faded but not enough to make it unnoticeable. I remained holding her soft hand and from time to time I would kiss the back of it. During the last time that I did, Jessica stirred from her sleep. She fluttered and withdrew her hand from me.

"W-What are you doing? Why are you in my room? Where's Shannon? Where's oppa?" Her body was trembling and it hurts to see her afraid of me. 

"T-They're asleep. They told me to stay here."

"W-Why?"

"Because I'm your girlfriend. Jessica, in your past I am your girlfriend Im Yoona."

"How do you expect me to believe you?"

When I sat on the mattress, Jessica scooted to the other side like a child afraid of a ghost. I sighed and took my phone out of my pocket. I opened the gallery and showed her our photos. Her hand was shaking when she held my phone. I swiped the screen to show her our pictures with Sooyeon and I saw that her eyes widened.

"She's your twin sister Sooyeon. She's now working as a model like me." I sat next to her so that I can easily swipe the phone screen. I showed her the photos of Krystal and her family, of Mr. Mitoba, of Mr. Seo and family, and even Sunny and her friend Tiffany.

While Jessica remained silent, I told her our story which started on how I met her, the soul-switch phenomenon, the ups and downs of our relationship and how we solved all of it. She apologized for not being able to remember any of it even her friends Taeyeon and Tiffany. And so I held her hand and assured her that it's okay if she can't remember.

"We can make new memories again," I said.

She stared at me, then at my hand that's holding hers then back to my eyes. "I want to meet everyone."

"I'll tell them first and then once they're ready, I'll come here to fetch you okay?"

"Okay."

"Sica?"

"Yes?"

"Please don't go anywhere without me." I don't wanna lose you again. I don't want anything to happen to you when I'm not around - Those were just a few of the hidden meaning of my words.

"O-Okay."

"Can I stay here with you tonight?"

"O-Okay."

I helped her lie on her bed and covered her with the blanket up to her shoulders. I lied on my side with my head propped on my hand. We're staring into each other. Her brown orbs still electrified me the way it used to.

"Aren't you going to sleep?"

"Later."

"Okay. G-Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

The next day, I was awakened when I felt someone caressing my cheek. I opened my eyes and saw Jessica awake. She froze and tried to withdraw her hand so I held it to make its warmth dwell longer on my cheek. "Good morning," I greeted.

"G-Good morning," she replied after p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter