Chapter 42

Somebody To Love

As much he was angry with Jiyong, he could not bear to leave him with waggling with their problem. He told Seunghyun to bring Daesung home, while he would handle Jiyong. It is then he realised that Jiyong have walking towards the exit, making him bolting to catch up with the dragon. Their behaviour do attract a few glance by their customers, mostly women that Seungri have seduced, making them cringed realising that Seungri is one of Jiyong’s lover.

He grabbing Jiyong’s wrist, making Jiyong glare towards him. Interlocking their hand, he then pulled Jiyong towards their car, only to be stop when they saw Jaejoong and his friends crouching in front of Jiyong’s car. He could feel his temper rose, but Jiyong have stopped him by wrapping his hand at his shoulders, and he could feel a sharp object pointed behind his waist. Tch... G-Dragon and his knife.

“Just listen what he would say, you would not want to be arrested by his detective boyfriend,” Jiyong whispers to him. It is then Jiyong letting him go.

“Get inside,” Jiyong had unlocked his car, making Jaejoong and his friend scrambling into the back seat.

Taking the passenger seat, he takes a brief look towards Jaejoong and his boyfriend. It is Jaejoong who then introduced himself, trying to break the tension inside the car.

“I am Jaejoong. This is my friend, Hyunjoong,” Hyunjoong then smiles, making a gesture of salutes towards him. He nodded.

“Seungri. Lee Seungri,” and he smirked when he sees Jaejoong eyed getting wide, suddenly recognising who he is.

“Ohh... I’m sorry. It is rude of me to not recognize.....”

“Jaejoong!!! Cut it!” Jiyong stern voice interrupted Jaejoong rambling, shutting him up. It is then Hyunjoong hand over to Seungri a sealed envelope, making him confused. Opening it, he then saw a few profiles in it. He throw questioning look at Jiyong only to receive a very stoic face driver, not even glancing towards him.

Feeling out of loop, he looked questioningly to Jaejoong and Hyunjoong.  Hyunjoong smile, knowing that Seungri is confuse.

“That is a few of The Skull member, which currently acting like a normal people. Jaejoong have been tracking and trying to recognised everybody these few months, and every time, we would hand over their profile to GD,”

“Aaaahhhh... That’s why...” He then takes a look again at the profiles in his hands.

“I heard that you are a detective. Why are you involving with my GD if you are one?”

Hyunjoong lets out a soft smile, while Jaejoong just playing with his fingers.

“They are involving for several murder and human trafficking syndicate in Korea. We already try to take down their group for years, because they also have several charges for kidnapping, and domestic violence. But, every time, the police only run to a brick wall. They disappear. Then, Jaejoong came, asking for my help to save his niece, and he gave me a few leads. I need to take down The Skull. They have done enough damage for our country,”

“What about The Dragons? Doesn’t it mean that the police will also try to take us down, as well?”

“Nope. For us, The Dragons are invisible. We don’t have any problems or anything that lead the dragons to be in our blacklist, apart it is a clan. But we only think that The Dragons only a bunch of family clan...something like that,” Hyunjoong explanation making Seungri looked at Jiyong with mouth wide open. That is the most ridiculous explanation he ever heard, while Jiyong just smirked.

They left Jaejoong and Hyunjoong in an alley behind Hyunjoong apartment, and then rushed back to the mansion. It is already late when they arrived. Both of them quietly entered Sarang’s room, only to meet an adorable sleeping figure of their daughter cuddling her teddy bear, gifted by Minzy. After kissing Sarang, both of them went back to their bedroom, to tend both their wound and bruises and having a talk what is happening.


Hugging Jiyong from behind, Seungri buried his face at Jiyong’s nape. Jiyong huffs, suddenly feeling too tired, and Minzy’s word came haunting back to him.

“Minzy hate me,” he whispers, tears b in his eyes. Seungri exhaled, pulled Jiyong to face him, his heart nearly stopped looking at Jiyong crushed face. Trying to calm his husband, he gives a peck on his mouth.

“No, she’s not. She is only frustrated with you leaving us in the dark. Why did you do that? Keeping a crucial secret from us? Don’t you trust us? Me? Seunghyun hyung?”

“I think that it my burden to carry..... All of you are in danger because you are connected with me,”

“That is the most bull that I’ve ever heard, apart that The Dragons does not exist,” and Jiyong lips quirks, remembering Hyunjoong explanations before.

“Yeah, right. That is bull. Listen, I am sorry, okay? I am trying to prevent any panic among us, as well I am trying to prevent Minzy to choose Dami path. I hide it from you because, I don’t want you to go crazy and suspect every personnel in your company,” and Seungri eyes narrowed at the sentence. Jiyong chuckled, knowing Seungri is offended with it.

“I will not...” “Yes, you are,” and Seungri turned to pout.

Both of them lay on the bed, Jiyong hugging Seungri, an act that he abandons after he got the news.

“Is Sarang......?” “Yes,” Seungri sighed. It is really hard to get rid Jaejoong from their life, it seems.

“Do Jaejoong know that we took her as our daughter?” Jiyong shakes his head. Silent engulf the room, leaving both of them with their thought.

“Will it change your feeling towards Sarang?” Jiyong suddenly asked.

“No. But, I was irritated knowing that of all people, he turn out to be my daughter’s uncle. Should kill him when I got the chance,” which earn him a slap on his chest. He giggled.

“Does anyone know about it apart from you and The Ghost?”

“Youngbae...” Seungri nodded. He was aware that these few months, Youngbae started to monitor their personnel, scanning their profile one by one, but not telling him anything. Now he does get his answer.

“What happen to Dami?” and Jiyong suddenly sits, eyes suddenly turns fierce, a defence mechanisms that Seungri learns Jiyong always do when he upset.

“Hey...Hey... Sorry. If it a sore spot, if you are not ready, just let it go. Tell me if you are ready,” and he pulled Jiyong back to lying position. They both facing each other, looking deep into each other eyes.

“We’ll find a way to protect them. Don’t worry about me, I am V.I, remember?” and Jiyong just nodded, closing his eyes. Seungri then pulled Jiyong closer to cuddle with him.

“Oh, funny that Jaejoong think that Lee Seungri and V.I is a different person,” He was nearly asleep when Jiyong breaks the news.

“Huh?”

“He thought I was having a secret affair with V.I and my marriage with the Lee’s heir is just for business. If he knew that it is the same person, I think he will having a heart attack, knowing that he have calmly talking with the person that used to torture him half dead,”

And for the first time in months, the room is filled with the hyena laugh that Jiyong longed to hear. It manages to make Jiyong’s heart calm for a while. Even the bliss is a fraction, he would cherished it for his sanity.