Entry 19

That Particular Boy

14.08.2014 (Thursday)

Well I have work to do today, I have to prepare a song list for the bubble tea shop so we can play the music for the customers to enjoy while they wait for their drinks.

"Still caught up on your date with Squishy?" Kai's face suddenly appeared in front of me, causing me to almost jump back and trip over. It was almost approaching the end of my shift, and he had to pick this slot of all times to remind me of what happened on last Saturday.

"I'm going to say it for the last time, it was not a date." I stated firmly after regaining my balance.

"So after this last time, you won't deny that it was a date anymore?" A lopsided smile stretched across his face, with a smirk following afterwards.

"You're unbelievable!" I rolled my eyes.

"I know, I find it quite hard to believe myself too sometimes."

I didn't know what to reply, so I opted for an exasperated sigh and a punch to his arm. Apparently, I used too much force, because he made a big fuss about it.

"Ow! What was that for?" He exclaimed.

"For being annoying."

"You can't just hit people when they're annoying!"

"I can if it's you." I gave him another punch to that same spot with the equal amount of strength I used just now, causing him to yelp in pain.

"You need to control your strength, woman."

"Don't call me that!" I reached out to claw at him, but he dodged in time.

"Haha missed me!" He stuck his tongue out before running into the kitchen, hiding behind one of the tables.

"Why you little- come back here!" I threw myself in the direction of where Kai was standing, attempting to smack his head, but I was too slow.

"You may be strong, but you're not as fast." He sang in a mocking tone.

"I have my wits." I said before grabbing a tissue box and flinging it at him.

"Don't mess up the kitchen!"

"I'm not messing it up, just rearranging stuff." I laughed.

"Rearranging stuff huh?"

"Yep."

"Then I should help you, shouldn't I?" He smirked before throwing a few empty cups in my direction. Luckily, I dodged before any of them hit me. Unluckily, because I ducked, and the counter was behind me, the cups hit someone else instead.

"Umph!" I heard someone cry out.

"Kyungsoo-oppa?" I stared at him in horror. Squishy was the one who got hit by Kai’s ‘attack’.

“You still call him ‘oppa’? Why not ‘jagi’?” Kai asked like it was supposed to happen.

“Shut up Kai.” Both Squishy and I said at the same time, with the same tone and expression.

“Whoa look at the chemistry between you two.” He slung his arm over Squishy on his right and me on his left. “I’m a really good matchmaker, aren’t I?”

“One more word from you and-” I ran my finger across the base of my neck, implying that if he continued talking, I would personally slit his throat.

“Jeez fine.” He went into the kitchen, leaving me with Squishy.

An idea suddenly popped into my head, causing my face to immediately brighten up. "Hey you know that time when we sang crazily?"

"You mean Monday?" Squishy recalled back to the day we sang silly songs and danced silly dances.

"Yeah, we could totally do a song list and play it for our customers!"

“You know, that’s actually a pretty good idea, but we have to seek permission from the ahjumma first.”

“Leave everything to me!” I pounded my chest twice before picking my bag up and leaving.