Entry 30

That Particular Boy

29.08.2014 (Friday)

I’m never going near alcohol again (not really). What in the world was I trying to do? I should’ve never trusted I joon.

And for Squishycookies Fan Club members… They’re never going to let me live this down.

I took the day off from the shop since I had plans with my other friends who are not from the Squishycookies Fan Club. We were going to some place one of us found to hold a party before summer break ended. Though I knew that all of them are going to be late, I still arrived early at the meeting place. After about twenty minutes of waiting, the first of the group finally came rushing towards me, with an apologetic look on her face.

“Sorry for being late!”

“It’s okay, they’re all late anyway.” I said half-heartedly.

Another fifteen minutes of sitting around and doing nothing had me almost falling asleep. Luckily, I had Aemin to talk to, or I would really have forfeited the party and went with Squishy instead. A certain person came into view, which seriously had me considering going home for the night, but I stayed after hearing the pleas of my friends.

“Shall we go?” My ex-boyfriend, I joon, asked the group when everyone had arrived. All of us rose from our sitting positions and followed him to the place they had planned to go.

“Why is he here?” I whispered as I tugged at Aemin’s blouse, eyeing I joon in case he heard what I asked.

“For old time’s sake, just try to get along, okay?”

I let go of the sleeve of her blouse while sighing. Fine, I wouldn't spoil everyone's mood because of something that happened two years ago. It was summer break anyway, so I had to loosen up a bit, right?

I continued following them, but I didn't bother to initiate any conversations with anyone else. We didn't travel very far before the whole group stopped in front of a shady-looking place.

“A club? You guys didn't mention anything about visiting a club!” I exclaimed, feeling betrayed.

“C’mon Jihyun, it’s just one night.” I joon placed a hand tenderly on my arm, pulling me closer to him.

“We’re all underage!” I exclaimed while I swatted his hand away.

“We’re just going to have some fun before summer break ends, nothing illegal will happen, I assure you.” He stared straight into my eyes, “please?”

If I denied that I faltered under his strong gaze, then I would be lying. Gosh Jihyun, after so long, you still don't have the willpower to push him away.

“Fine.”

Not so long after I agreed, I found myself trying to squeeze through a crowd of young adults dancing like there was no tomorrow. Most of them were holding drinks in their hands, alcoholic no doubt.

When we finally made it to the other end of the club where the private lounges were, I was yanked into one of them. Of course, I thrashed about and felt relieved when I managed to land a fist on the person’s stomach area, causing the person to release the hold on me.

“Ouch!”

“I- I joon?” My eyes widened when I realised who I hit.

“I was trying to get you inside.”

“You shouldn't have yanked me!”

“Okay, it was my fault, let’s forget about this and join the others?” He tilted his head towards the rest of the group, who were absorbed in deciding what drinks they should get from the menu.

I took a seat at the end of the couch, clearly expressing that I wanted to be as far away from him as possible since there was no space left to sit in my area, but he pulled a soft chair beside me and sat down.

“There’s lots of space there, why do you want to sit here so much?”

“I want to be close to you.” He whispered, causing my whole body to shiver.

“I have a boyfriend, I joon.” I said.

“I still love the way you call me name. So much affection, so much passion, so much love.”

“Did you not hear what I said?” I snapped, now irritated that he wasn't getting my message.

“I did, and it doesn't matter.” He reached forward to twirl a few locks of my hair around his finger.

“Well it matters to me so if you don't stop harassing me, I’ll leave, simple as that.” I threatened, which worked when he released the curls of my hair.

“Okay chill, I won’t say anything else.”

My friends ordered some alcoholic drinks and asked if I wanted any, to which I politely rejected. When the orders came, there was an extra glass on the table. I joon took the extra glass and offered it to me.

“Just one drink? I know how much you liked alcohol then, so I specially ordered this for you.” His voice was so gentle and soothing to the ears, it seemed almost hypnotising. He hadn’t changed one bit.

“But that was when I was with my parents and when I had their consent.” I pushed the glass back to him.

“Your tolerance is high, one won’t knock you out.” He swirled the contents around before passing it to me. I thought about it and yes, my tolerance was pretty high, so why not?

I grabbed the glass and took a mouthful of the bitter-sweet liquid. Apple juice vodka. He still remembered how I liked it. Before long, I finished my first glass.

“Do you want another?” I joon asked.

“I don't think I should.”

“C’mon, you told me that you didn't get drunk even when you drank five shots. Another one won’t kill you.”

“I don't have enough money.” Right now, I was just making up excuses.

“I’m paying for everything, remember?”

“Hm okay.” I hummed, since he was so persistent.

The group proceeded to play a game that required the loser to drink a full shot. Luck wasn't on my side as I kept losing, which meant that I had to drink a shot every time that happened. When I began to feel a little dizzy, I asked to sit out, but they wouldn't let me. 

The last thing I remembered before I out was that I kept drinking and drinking under the influence of I joon.

The next morning, I woke up with a throbbing headache. Rubbing my temples, I took in my surroundings and realised I wasn't in my own room. I wanted to scream, but the more I checked, the more familiar the room looked. I was about to reach for my phone, which was placed nicely on the bedside table, but I stopped when I realised something.

Why am I not wearing yesterday’s clothes?

“Ah!” I did scream after all.

Seconds after my loud exclamation, the door flung open, revealing a worry-stricken Squishy.

“Kyungsoo-oppa?!”

“So you’re awake.”

“What happened last night? And did you… change my clothes?” My cheeks pinked at the thought of it.

“Eunmi came around to change your clothes, it wasn't me, rest assured.” He frantically waved his hands while shaking his head. “I couldn't bring you home because your parents might kill you and me for getting you so drunk so I brought you to my home. Don't worry though, I asked Hwajae to tell them you’re at her house, safe and sound.”

“I feel so stupid, I shouldn't have gone.”

“Who were you with anyway? I let your group of friends be in-charge of your safety and this is what you end up with! What if I wasn't there?” His face was stern. That was the first time I saw him so angry.

“I’m sorry…”

“I’m not mad at you, I’m mad at your friends.” His expression softened. “I can’t believe they just let a drunk friend go out facing the dangers of the world while they’re partying away in a club. By the way, what were you doing in a club? You’re underage, you know.”

“I didn't want to be a spoilsport so I just followed…” I gave a sheepish grin. “Did I do anything stupid yesterday?”

“You should check the chat group.” He pointed to my phone, with an unreadable expression on his face.

“Holy ! Did I seriously write all of that?” My eyes widened when I read all the messages I sent out to the chat group, and widened even further when I sent out some comments on Squishy’s body.

“Yes, you did.” Squishy stifled a laugh.


If you want to read her drunk texting, check this out (chapter 11 of That Particular Chat Group)!

-Jihyun