Entry 29

That Particular Boy

Entry 29 – 28.08.2014 (Thursday)

Now I understand why the group is always so excited about running operations on Squishycookies, because it’s exciting for Squishy and me to plan out the operation for Jongjae as well!

Squishy came in two hours earlier so we could continue on our planning of Operation: Make Jongjae Official. It was weird at first, since she was my friend after all and I was doing this behind her back, but it was for her future together with Kai, right? (This sounds weird.) I still felt bad nonetheless, but when Kai revealed that the whole of Squishycookies Fan Club did the same thing when they were trying to match Squishy and me together, I was all geared up for the task.

“So next Saturday, you’ll ask her out and we’ll follow you, then if we can, we’ll sit a few tables away from you.” I recited the plans we took down after an hour of discussing.

“But what do I do? And what do I say? How about my clothes? What should I wear?” He was asking a ton of questions and not giving me enough time to answer any of them.

“Whoa calm down. Just treat it like any other date you’ve been on with her.” I shrugged.

“I didn't go on any dates with her.”

“That’s what you say.” I gave him a look. “For the dressing part, you can ask Kyungsoo-oppa.”

“Dress smarter than usual, I guess? I don't know, I’ve always been wearing t-shirts on dates, you can ask Jihyun.” Squishy heard my statement and answered before Kai asked.

“That’s true.”

“Is anyone in there?” A voice came from outside the shop.

“Oops a customer, Kyungsoo-oppa, can you cover this one?” I blinked, and it worked when Squishy reluctantly rose from his seat (since he wanted to hear my full plan) and went to the counter. Kai, however, didn't exactly appreciate my aegyo.

"Please save it when you're alone with him. Now back to the plan." He pointed to the pieces of paper scattered on the table.

“But you don't mind when Hwajae does aegyo.” I murmured.

 “What did you say?” Kai seemed like he didn't catch what I said.

“Nothing.”

“Can you continue?”

“Stop being so anxious, we have plenty of time.”

“Yeah, you have to take it slow sometimes.” Squishy advised while returning to his seat.

“You’re done?” Kai peered outside.

“No, I left the customer waiting outside.” Squishy said sarcastically.

“You can give her some winged accessories, she likes them.” I brought them back to the main topic. “How you want to confess is entirely up to you.”

“So how did hyung confess to you?” Kai asked curiously, effectively earning a smack to the head and an annoyed “mind your own business”.

“You should’ve known better than to ask.” I crossed my arms while quirking a brow.

“I don't get why I get hit whenever I ask him something about you two but when something interesting happens, I’ll be the first person he’ll tell.”

“Do you want another smack on the head?” Kyungsoo threatened.

“Fine, I’ll keep quiet.”

“The both of you act like children.” I commented. “Anyways, for the next few days, continuously chat with her on your phone to keep her interested, and avoid going on those little dates you have with her so she’ll miss you even more, then on Saturday, she’s yours.”

“That sounds flawed.” Kai scorned.

“It’s my first time planning this so shut up!”

“I would’ve asked Eunmi if I knew her well.”

“Then go ask her! I’m not doing this for you anymore.” I shoved the papers into Kai’s hands, got up and stomped away.

“Hey I was just kidding! Jihyun! I need your help!”


Hey guise, sorry for not updating for so long, I was busy with many things in school.

On a serious note, I have read about the accident concerning members of Ladies’ Code, and I’m extremely saddened to know that two of them have passed on as of today. Although I’m not familiar with their group, to see such young individuals have their lives cut short, it’s just… I don’t know… I offer my condolences to their families, friends and fans. (I’m not good with writing such messages, forgive me.)

-Jihyun