Entry 27

That Particular Boy

26.08.2014 (Tuesday)

Should I continue calling him ‘Kyungsoo-oppa’ or change it to something else? Will ‘yeobo’ be fitting?

Nah, the original’s still the best.

It seemed like on the last week of the summer break, there were fewer customers than before. They probably had to stay home and rush out all their homework, I guess. However, that didn't stop the member of the Squishycookies Fan Club to come visiting almost everyday.

“Squishycookies, we’re here!” The group of them chorused when they arrived at the storefront. I swear, they must have coordinated it beforehand.

“All of you again?” I sighed while eyeing them.

“Yes, all of us!” Hyerin chirped happily.

“Why are all of you coming here so frequently anyway?”

“Summer break’s almost over, so of course we have to enjoy ourselves.” Kai flashed a sheepish grin.

“Okay, maybe I should rephrase my question. Why are all of you coming here as a group so frequently?” I narrowed my eyes at them, but they didn't give me the response I was expecting.

“We have to enjoy life, Jihyun. Loosen up.” Kyomi reached in to pat my shoulder.

“So the usual?” I asked while grabbing the cups on my right, setting five of them down so it would be easier for me to prepare the drinks.

Hyerin exchanged looks with everyone else before giving a nod. I finished preparing two of their drinks before Squishy emerged from the toilet at the back of the shop.

“They’re here again?” He placed extra emphasis on the last word.

“Apparently so.”

“Why can’t we be here?” Kai huffed from outside.

“Because all of you have a motive in coming here so often.” Squishy shot back.

“Whatever.” I turned my head to the group in time to see Hwajae stick her tongue out, causing me to shake my head while chuckling.

“So how many have you done?” He scooted beside me, picking up a cup and fiddling with it.

“I did for Hyori and Eunmi already, there’s Kai’s, Hwajae’s and Hyerin’s left.”

“Do you need my help,” he asked, to which I was about to reply, but he continued, “jagi?”

I stiffened when I heard him call me that, and the wolf-whistles from the rest did not snap me out of my daze.

“Kyungsoo-hyung’s finally calling her ‘jagi’!” Kai exclaimed.

“Jihyun’s too shocked!” The girls squealed while I just stood there, staring at Squishy.

“Jagi, are you okay?” Squishy placed a hand on my shoulder as his face showed a concerned expression.

“Why are you calling me that all of a sudden?” I hid my reddened cheeks.

“Aw, Jihyun is shy~” Eunmi teased.

“Shush!” I buried my face in my hands before exclaiming, “I’m going to the washroom!”

“And now she’s hiding.” I heard Hwajae commenting while I was taking off in the direction of the toilet.

I ended up hiding in the toilet for fifteen minutes, waiting for the group to leave before I came out. My heart almost jumped out of my mouth when I saw Squishy standing right outside.

“Now they’re never going to stop talking about it.” I said while closing the door behind me.

“Well at least I have something appropriate to call you, are you going to change the way you call me too?” I gulped when he closed the distance between us, causing our faces to be just inches away from each other.

“You’re stuck with Kyungsoo-oppa, sorry!” I pinched his nose lightly before slinking away.