Hidden Entry 2

That Particular Boy

09.08.2014 (Saturday)

I appreciate the effort the fan club is desperately putting in, but maybe include me in their plans next time?

Well, at least I had fun with Squishy today.

Punching in letters into my phone, I sent a message to the chat group.

The group had planned to meet for an outing to a shopping centre that day, so as usual, I was the early one there.

Receiving replies from a few of them, I realised that they had purposefully planned for this to be a date an outing between Squishy and me. And what’s worse, I spotted Squishy across the foyer of the mall close to the fountain after he revealed his location to me.

“How dare they…?” I muttered under my breath, annoyed that I allowed for them to successfully pull this prank on us. “Hey Kyungsoo-oppa.”

“Well I guess it’s just the both of us?” It was somewhat a cue for the both of us to look around at our surroundings. I was hoping at least one in the group would arrive, but no one came.

“Yeah I guess so.”

“So where do we go?”

“I don't know… should we go grab a bite first?” I suggested, earning a nod from Squishy.

After settling down on one of the tables in a fast-food restaurant, I whipped out my phone to check what else the group sent. Bewildered by their messages, I swiftly typed in a “what the hell” before sending it.

“It seems like they really want us to get together.” Squishy suddenly said, causing me to tense up. I totally did not expect him to be so direct about it.

“Probably?” I answered while hiding my face behind my phone.

“What do you think about it?” I put my phone down, only to see Squishy’s face fifteen centimetres from mine.

“I don't know?” I stammered, gulping down my saliva as I examined his features which were so close to me right then. Especially those heart-shaped lips. Definitely those heart-shaped lips.

“Okay,” he slumped back to the back of his seat, “so what do you want to eat?”

A part of me was quite disappointed I couldn't admire his face for a while longer, but another part of me was glad he dropped the issue.

“Uh the fish burger set.”

“Stay here, I’ll buy the food.” He rose from his seat and proceeded to the counter.

During our meal together, we discussed about the places to go, in the end deciding on the theme park since neither of us went before.

Throughout the whole journey there, we schemed on how we could get back on all of them someday, and our laughs couldn't get more evil than the ones we had in the train. And yes, we did get a few weird stares, but it was worth it. I penned down the ideas into my phone while Squishy overlooked them.

Although nearing the end of our journey, I sensed someone staring at the pair of us, watching rather. I snapped my head towards the direction of a pair of suspicious-looking people, but they just snuggled closer to each other under a trench coat. I brushed it off since I thought they were just another couple doing some stuff.

At last, we reached our destination. The admission ticket was not as expensive as I thought, which I was thankful for. The first thing I could think of were the rollercoasters, the thought of riding on something thrilling always excites me! However, I didn't want to be a spoilt brat and pull Squishy to rides that only I wanted to ride, so I waited until he suggested something.

“So which rides do you want to go?” I asked, hoping he would have the same thoughts as me.

“I don't know, where do you want to go?”

“I asked you first!” I huffed because I have no other reply.

“I asked you second!” He played along, causing the both of us to double up in laughter.

“Should we go to the rollercoasters?”

“I’m fine with that.” He shrugged before tugging me along, his hand in mine.

I blushed furiously when I realised that his fingers were interlocked with mine. Relishing the warmth his hand emitted, I allowed myself to be dragged along.

We took the seat right at the back of the rollercoaster, since I heard that it was the most thrilling position to be in. The ride started out slow, but it picked up speed gradually, but finally plunging down a steep slope. I screamed at the top of my lungs when we came down, and unfortunately, was still screaming when we were at the bottom. I quickly covered my mouth, but it was too late when I heard Squishy chuckling beside me. My cheeks flushed, as I giggled nervously.

After the rollercoaster ride, we went on other exciting stations and had just as much fun as the first one. We visited the haunted house, but it turned out to be a horrible idea, as both of us sprinted through the attraction at full speed while screaming unfashionably. When we emerged, both of us were clinging on to each other for dear life, nevertheless, we still managed to get a good laugh out of it.

Before deciding to head home, we went to the Ferris wheel and just sat there in silence. Yes, we did just sit there in silence until I spoke up.

“So did you enjoy today?”

“Yes of course. How about you?”

“Definitely!” I chirped.

“I’m so tired…” Squishy yawned and stretched his arms out before resting one around my shoulder. Psh, guess I’m not the only cheesy one.