Entry 32

That Particular Boy

02.09.2014 (Tuesday)

I made a new friend, she’s called Sookyu.

Second day of the semester and the teacher of the other class was already absent. Because of that, two classes were merged for geography class, and I was one of those affected.

I sat beside Hyerin as usual, since our teacher didn't exactly mind our seating arrangement. A girl from the other class took a seat behind us, and immediately asked for the notes to be passed on to the rest of the row of students.

“Chill, we’re going to pass them.” I took the pile of papers and dumped them on the table behind me. Okay, so I was a tad bit annoyed because she rushed me, and I admit that I was not being a civilised person by venting my anger on the papers.

“Oh I’m sorry if I was being rude.” The girl said.

“Nah it’s okay, we were busy chatting to notice the notes, so it was kind of our fault.” An apologetic smile made its way to my face. I felt guilty now because I was losing my temper over little things. “So you’re from the other class? I’ve never seen you before.”

“You don't say, of course I’m from the other class. My name’s Sookyu by the way.”

“Oh I’m Hyerin and this is Jihyun!” Hyerin introduced the both of us with a wide grin.

“Nice to meet you.”

“Keep quiet, class.” My teacher commanded, opening her PowerPoint slides as she did.

Afterwards, she droned on and on about the formation of mountains as a recap of our lessons last semester, paying no attention to the students who were gradually falling asleep, though she would occasionally glare at those who talked too loud.

“Ugh I remember every detail of fold mountains and volcanoes, why do we need this recap session?” I grumbled while toying with my pencil.

“Yeah I know right?” The girl, named Sookyu, agreed with me.

“This is for our own good.” Hyerin urged for us to try to concentrate in class, but gave up when I turned my chair slightly so I could talk to Sookyu better. “Though I’m not exactly interested as well…”

“Then just join in on our conversation.” I helped her shift her chair so we could hold a quiet conversation in class without having the teacher to send death glares at us.

We were so absorbed in chatting for the next thirty minutes that we didn't notice our teacher assigning the class a practice worksheet, until my classmate at my front shoved the pieces of paper to my desk.

“Guess we have to complete this first.” I shrugged, picking up my pen and scribbling the answers in point form on a foolscap paper.

“This needs to be completed by the next lesson.” Our teacher announced. “I don't want to see late or slipshod work.”

“Next lesson huh? Which means we can slack in class today.” I placed my pen down and leaned back on my chair.

“Yes! And let me tell you about Squishycookies and Jongjae!” Hyerin squealed, to which I sent imaginary daggers from my eyes.

“What’s that?” Sookyu tilted her head, not understanding what Hyerin was talking about.

“It’s nothing.” I tried to cover up.

“It’s everything you need to know.” Hyerin was getting more and more excited. Whenever she talks about the ships, she cannot stop spazzing.

“Alright, tell me.”

“Hyerin, don't you dare.”

“So Squishycookies is-”

I tried to stop her by covering with my hand but she ended up revealing everything about Squishycookies and Jongjae to Sookyu once she got my hands off of her.