Entry 9

That Particular Boy

31.07.2014 (Thursday)

Why, thank you Kai for recording my performance down and showing it to Squishy. (Sarcasm intended.) Now I have another reason why I should go fully against him chasing my friend.

Also, I don't appreciate him shipping anyone.

P.S. I interrogated Eunmi yesterday and she freaking asked if Squishy liked me. Of course, she wouldn't reveal his answer.

P.P.S. So Kai's real name is Jongin? (Because apparently he introduced himself to Hwajae formally when I wasn't there and of course she told me.)

It was a Thursday, so you know what that meant. That's right, standing the incessant teasing from Kai for five hours straight. Though on that day, it was even worse as he created a ship name for Squishy and me and he wouldn't stop repeating it ever since I arrived at the bubble tea shop.

"I should make a shirt, and print "Squishycookies" in a huge font right at the front. I'm sure your friends will be very interested." He began his imaginary beard as he tilted his head to the side.

"Don't you dare, Kai." I hissed, but it only encouraged him further.

"Or maybe I should produce snapbacks with "Squishycookies" in front, along with the shirts." He continued to think out loud, giving more ideas the more I tried to stop him.

"One more stupid idea from you and I'll mess up that pretty little face of yours." I threatened with the most intimidating face I could muster.

"You think I'm pretty?" A smirk crawled up his face.

"I don't really mean that." I gave him a look.

"Oh my god why didn't I think of this? I should tell your friends that the "Squishycookies" ship has sailed!" He exclaimed it like it was the best idea he had ever thought of.

“If you dare say a word to anyone at all, I swear I will-”

“Yo Jihyun-ah!” I turned my head to the direction of the recognisable voice.

“Hwajae?”

“Yeah, I just wanted to check on what you’re doing.” She snooped

Now it was my turn to give Kai a smirk. My friend was his weakness!

“Oh nothing much, just chatting with Kai here, am I right?” I asked him.

“Oh yeah…” He chuckled nervously.

“Anyways, I just realised that I still have the footage of your singing in the competition, do you want it?” Hwajae waved her phone close to my face.

“I have the video too!” Kai whipped out his phone to show a snippet of the video he took. “I showed it to Kyungsoo!”

“You what?!” I screamed, not believing my ears.

No wonder Squishy heard my singing even when he didn’t attend the Juniors category!

“Hwajae-yah, you can ignore this person right here and move on with life, you don't need him.” I stepped out of the shop and lightly pushed her away from Kai.

“Let her order her drink first!” Kai stopped me before I could move her anywhere.

“Yeah I’m thirsty.” Hwajae agreed.

“Fine, you can buy your drink first.”

“Jihyun, why don't you be a good shop assistant and prepare it for your friend?” Kai flashed a cheesy grin at me.

“Ugh whatever.”

Gathering the ingredients for her usual drink, I mixed everything together as fast as possible while eyeing the duo chatting at the counter. Well, it was more of Kai trying to get close to her than a mutual thing.

“Here, Hwajae.” I passed the drink to her. “It’s on me, bye!”

“Wow that was fast. Bye then!” She waved goodbye as a small smile spread across her face. Of course, she was polite enough to bid Kai farewell too.

“Why were you so fast today?”

“Because you were talking to Hwajae.” I replied bluntly. “What were you two talking about anyway?”

“I was asking for her number, but she doesn't want to give it to me… Can you help me persuade her?” A pout found its way to his face and he was doing his puppy face. I swear if Kai had been a little less annoying, I might fall for him instead, but then again, who could resist Squishy?

“No.”

“Please?”

“Fine, I’ll try.” I gave up.

“Try what?” Squishy reached the shop in time to hear the last part of our conversation.

“Oh nothing much, just Kai trying to-”

“Squishycookies for the win!” Kai interrupted, earning smacks to the head by both Squishy and me.