Entry 5

That Particular Boy

25.07.2014 (Friday)

I almost forgot that there is another girl working on Fridays with Squishy, and I want to slap her so bad. But then, I guess my words already felt like a slap across the face for her.

I skipped to the bubble tea shop that day after my extra summer class. Yes, we do have summer classes for those who cannot catch up or those who just want to study for the sake of it. Which category did I belong in? I’ll let you be the judge of that.

Anyways, I didn't work on Fridays, but I decided paying Squishy a visit because why wouldn't I, when he was so close to where I was studying? Then I remembered, that annoying girl from last week should be there (she was the reason why I couldn't work on Fridays), and her obnoxious voice confirmed her presence. Okay, maybe she wasn't so bad, only that I had a biased opinion against her.

“Oppa, are you free tomorrow?” I heard her doing aegyo when I approached the shop.

Was she asking my Squishy out?

“I’m sorry, but I’m not available.” Squishy replied.

Hah take that!

“Why?” She whined. I almost forgot, she was really persistent in getting what she wanted. Why couldn't she just give Squishy a break?

“Which part of ‘not available’ do you not understand?”

“I don't know, everything?” She attempted to say it in a cute voice, which made me want to puke. On her face. Then do a celebratory dance. (I actually imagined it in my head, because of course I couldn't do that in real life.) She was shameless, wasn't she?

“Hey Kyungsoo!” I called out, interrupting their conversation.  I saw Squishy mouthing a ‘thanks’, glad that someone wedged in so he wouldn't have to reply her.

“Usual?” He flashed his heart-shaped smile as his head tilted at an angle. God, he looked so cute.

“Yeah!” I nodded, reciprocating his smile with one on my own, although it couldn't quite compare to his.

“Okay!” Squishy went into the kitchen and started preparing my drink, leaving that girl alone with me.

We stared at each other, with her throwing scornful looks at me. Of course, I didn't want to be at the losing end, so I glared at her and rolled my eyes. We stayed like that for a few moments before she broke the silence.

“Who are you anyway? You’re not even pretty.” She stared at me straight in the eye while voicing out with a proud look.

Did she just insult me? Oh no you didn't.

“I’m Kyungsoo’s close friend,” I sassed, “at least closer than you’ll ever be.”

Feel the burn, woman.

She opened , wanting to say something, but closed when she couldn't think of anything good to retaliate with.

“Here’s your drink, Jihyun.” Squishy passed the cup of Oreo Cappuccino to me before I dropped the coins onto his palm.

“Bye!” I flashed a huge silly grin at Squishy as I waved goodbye, then I gave a fake smile to her while I sauntered off.